Engagement Programme Manager - open to flexible working
This is a new and exciting role as Standards-Makers Engagement Programme Development Manager to join the Standards-Makers Engagement & Inclusion team.
The team leads on equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in standards development and standards and on engaging young professionals. Ensuring our standards-makers have a great experience through engagement, recruitment, recognition, retention and communications activities/programmes and events.
The role will lead in delivering BSI’s strategic objectives for standards-makers engagement and inclusion through their focus on external engagement and young professionals.
The role is open to flexible working options and can be discussed upon your application
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To play a lead role in the delivery of Standards-Makers Young Professionals (YP) Strategy and Action Plan including the development of a BSI YP Programme.
- To support implementation and ongoing review and development of the Standards-Makers Communications Policy.
- To have ownership of the committee member and nominating body newsletters and play a lead role in all other external communications and in internal communications.
- To play a lead role in the running of the YP and Diversity & Inclusivity Advisory Panels.
- To have primary responsibility (in partnership with marketing) for delivery of the Standards-Makers Engagement & Inclusion web pages, social media activity and campaigns and play a lead real in their development.
- To play a lead role in the development of Standards-Makers Engagement & Inclusion events with special focus on content and engagement.
- To play a central role in network and relationship development to support YP, EDI and growth objectives and in nominating body relationship development.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Established networking / relationship development skills with diverse stakeholders / volunteers / organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing and delivering stakeholder engagement programmes / activities
- Ability to problem-solve and identify and deliver improvements
- Experience working with stakeholders / volunteers who are technical subject-matter experts
- Experience working on YP and/or EDI programmes for volunteers / members is desirable
- Experience with member / stakeholder communications and outreach campaigns is ideal
- Strong interpersonal skills - to be able to engage confidently and build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong team player - to be able work within and across team and departmental boundaries to get things done.
- Resilience and creativity - to be able to learn from disappointments/challenges, problem solve, work through barriers, see different perspectives, identify new opportunities etc.
- Success and excellence orientated – to be able to seize opportunities and deliver improvements and be motivated to continuously improve
For more information on this role and to make an application, please click the apply button
To protect our candidates and BSI employees during the Covid-19 outbreak, all interviews will take place remotely.