Engagement Programme Coordinator - open to flexible working
BSI’s Standards-Makers Engagement & Inclusion team is part of the Standards Development department within Knowledge Solutions. The team leads on equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in standards development and standards and on engaging young professionals. We also lead on ensuring our standards-makers have a great experience and we do this through engagement, recruitment, recognition, retention and communications activities/programmes and events.
The Standards-Makers Engagement Senior Programme Co-ordinator is a new role which has been created to support the delivery of all activities within Standards-Makers Engagement & Inclusion and to take primary ownership of improving our processes within the team and of ensuring we have the data and systems we need to maximize the impact of our work.
The role is open to flexible working options to be discussed upon application
The purpose of the Standards-Makers Engagement Senior Programme Co-ordinator is to play an important role in delivering BSI’s strategic objectives for standards-makers engagement and inclusion through their focus on supporting programme delivery and administration.
- Standards-makers data collection, management and reporting systems, tools and processes which enable and enhance engagement and to work with other BSI teams to deliver new/improved tools as needed.
- To have primary responsibility for administrative deliverables (e.g. booking/nomination/application forms, mailing lists, building surveys, etc) and data capture across Standards-Makers Engagement & Inclusion including, for example,.
- To have primary responsibility for recording standards-makers data, statistics, results, etc. and support with data analysis. To support delivery of all standards-makers recognition schemes (including the BSI Standards Awards), events and communications.
- To serve as the “team co-ordinator” by playing a lead role in the development of project/action plans and activity reports and by having primary responsibility for ensuring these are kept up-to-date
- To serve as a first point of contact for all existing and potential standards-makers’ general queries and play a lead role in maintaining the standards-makers inbox.
- To support the delivery of an excellent experience for committee members and nominating organizations (in their relationships with BSI) through your interactions and through proactively contributing to programme development within the team
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Good communication skills with the
- ability to problem-solve and identify and deliver improvements
- Self-motivation and ability to achieve objectives independently as needed/applicable
- Collaboration and team-working skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Experience developing and/or administering volunteer / membership management procedures and processes is ideal for this role
- Strong team player - to be able work within and across team and departmental boundaries to get things done.
- Resilience and creativity - to be able to learn from disappointments/challenges, problem solve, work through barriers, see different perspectives, identify new opportunities etc.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders is highly desirable
For more information on this role and to make an application, please click the apply button
To protect our candidates and BSI employees during the Covid-19 outbreak, all interviews will take place remotely.