UKI Legal Advisor, Open to flexibility
UKI Legal Advisor, Open to flexibility
An extremely exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Legal Department as a business lawyer in the UK and Ireland Legal Department. We are looking for a like-minded individual to join our team of passionate, proactive, highly motivated and driven individuals supporting our UK and Ireland business.
We are looking for an individual who demonstrates technical brilliance, commercial acumen and a true passion for our iconic global brand. Our lawyers play a key role in the business ensuring legal compliance whilst having a real seat at the table with regard to commercial decisions. We are looking for someone who can fulfil the role of a technically excellent lawyer along with the ability to make a real commercial contribution to the organisation. The successful candidate will be expected to drive day to day business matters with a focus on commercial contracts, advertising and media law.
The UKI Legal Team is a fun, friendly and energised department lead by the UKI Legal Director. The role is based in our Manchester office. You will be reporting directly into the UKI Legal Director.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as UKI Legal Advisor, you will contribute to the success of the Kellogg business by:
- Providing proactive solution focused legal advice tailored to the needs of the business.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts across a broad spectrum of areas including general procurement, IT and media relationships.
- Provide all of the relevant legal support for our UK plants including all purchasing agreements, service agreements and working with the plants and procurement to provide the most robust legal protection.
- Proactively identifying legal risk and providing commercially sound legal solutions.
- Reviewing and approving all UKI media activity including all advertising including social media, POS and press releases. Proactively providing legally complaint solutions where appropriate.
- Supporting the Sales Team in customer negotiations and contracts.
- Providing the company secretarial support required for the UKI businesses with supervision for the Legal Director.
- Providing competition law advice and training to the business with the support and supervision of the Legal Director.
- Create and deliver training tailored to the business on areas which include competition law, effective contracting, intellectual property and employment law.
- Provide employment law advice with the support and supervision of the Legal Director.
- Sit on project teams for key business projects. Providing proactive solution focused legal advice throughout the life time of the project.
- Play a key role in the UKI Legal Team and the wider European Legal Team, as a keen team player, contributing to the growth and constant evolution of the Global Legal and Compliance Department.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company we recruit the most talented and motivated individuals to help to grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- A UK qualified commercial/IP lawyer with at least 2 years post qualification experience (ideally between 2 and 4 years PQE although higher levels will be considered) in a reputable law firm or within industry.
- Strong academic background.
- Technical excellence in your understanding and communication of the law.
- Experience in advertising and media law.
- Excellent commercial awareness and strong relationship development skills.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of the business and influence key stakeholders.
- The ability to work cross functionally and across all levels.
- True team player with a down to earth manner who drives to contribute to the success of the team and the organisation.
- Experience of working in a fast paced demanding legal environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (including drafting and negotiating) and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to develop legal capabilities and understand the Kellogg business.
- Personal presence and professional ability to take ownership of projects as an individual contributor be confident and firm with legal positions.
- Experience of advising food manufacturers
- Experience of advising big brands.
- Competition law experience
- Food law experience
- Secondment to industry if currently in private practice.
- Experience of dealing with senior directors.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. The PQE level is given as guidance only and does not preclude any more senior levels from being considered for the role.
Kellogg is proud to offer employees true flexibility: our people benefit from flexi-time and flexi-leave (this could mean an extra 6 days per year!), childcare vouchers through our award winning CornFlex benefits system and many other great flexible options. We are happy to talk about your flexibility needs during the recruitment process. We’re not just a flexible company, we’re a family.
Job Function: Legal and Compliance
Primary Location: UK-North West England-Manchester
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Aug 30, 2017, 9:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: No