M&A Lawyer, Global Investment Bank, full time with flex
- This role is suitable for a UK qualified lawyer with experience practising in the UK. Requires M&A/corporate transactions and structures experience in investment banking either in-house or private practice.
- You will work in a small team environment and provide legal support on to the Bank’s Advisory and Risk Solutions businesses.
- Keeping up to date on market practice and regulatory matters and providing such other legal support as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Required to work closely with bankers, other lawyers and compliance officers within the Bank’s team in London as well as the EMEA regional offices.
- To play a key role in identifying and managing risks in relation to the Bank’s M&A transactions, including upholding the consistency of the Bank’s internal policies and documentation standards.
- Ideally some UK public M&A experience as well as strong private M&A deal experience
- Ability to draft and negotiate English law contracts
- Experience of preparation of complex legal documentation
- Strong understanding of corporate structures and corporate/banking law
- Experience delivering practical solutions to legal issues
- Ability to build relationships both with the business and internal legal and compliance teams, whilst at the same time effectively managing the Bank’s risk