Market Director - Forensic Data Analytics, Open to flexible working
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
With high-profile corporate fraud and regulatory non-compliance cases at the forefront of the news, it is more important than ever for businesses to maintain the authoritative knowledge it takes to investigate, detect, prevent and monitor for risks. Additionally, with the growing volumes of disparate data, and increasing global regulatory scrutiny coupled with changing regulations, it is critical for businesses to expand traditional siloed monitoring methods to emerging technology to accelerate intelligent decision making and build more efficient finance, legal and compliance functions.
EY’s Forensic Data Analytics (FDA) team is a global, data-focused group within the Forensic & Integrity Services department. We work across a variety of sectors and by combining industry experience, analytical skills and deep understanding of technology and capabilities we help our clients in dealing with the complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes. Whether it is structuring, managing, developing or delivering technology solutions we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team to achieve our ambitious targets.
Through our strategic investment we’re experiencing rapid growth in this area and we now have an opportunity for a market facing Director to join us to help achieve our ambitious targets. You will have the opportunity to develop your technical and business relationships through working with our diverse portfolio of clients across sectors such as Life Sciences, Government and Energy.
Your role will be focused on leading and developing our market strategy and helping our clients identify and define complex business problems that can be solved using data science and technology.
Your key responsibilities:
We will expect you to have experience across all four areas of our leadership expectation: clients, business, team and personal. This will enable you to lead our teams, manage our clients and assignments, grow our business in a commercial way which adheres to our values, and inspire others through your own behaviours.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and building long term client relationship across key sectors and accounts
- Support business development activities including identification, proposal development, and participating in pitches
- Play a positive role in promoting the team in the market through activities such as writing thought leadership (white papers), conference participation, product development and developing our relationships with our strategic technology partners.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered to retain and grow client relationships with measurable results.
- Take a significant role in the strategy, growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members.
Skills & Attributes for success
Naturally you’ll need a strong background in the various tools to complete a data analytics project. But we’re not just looking for strong technical skills – we’re interested in people that can nurture relationships, both internally and externally, and are committed to intimately understanding our client’s needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A quantifiable history of business development success with a proven record of developing and maintaining relationships with key client stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, and the confidence to communicate complex technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Experience of leading large teams, complex engagements and mentoring and coaching junior staff to maximise performance.
- Experience developing long-term relationships across a network of existing and potential clients to maximize business development opportunities
Ideally you will also have
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience with:
- Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Data visualisation software: Spotfire, Tableau, or Qlik;
- Big data technologies such as Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop; KAFKA;
- Knowledge and application of statistical techniques and programming (R or SAS) (regression, clustering etc.); or
- Machine learning, Natural Language Processing and pattern recognition;
- Azure cloud computing platform;
What we look for
We are looking for tenacious and curious individuals with a desire to ‘get to the bottom’ of things. You will be both intellectually rigorous, with strong analytical skills and a passion for data, as well as adaptable and able to build key relationships. You will recognise the value that comes from nurturing a diverse and inclusive team to address our clients’ wide-ranging business issues, actively contributing to EY’s commitments on diversity & inclusion.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.