Head of Retail, part-time, 3 days a week
Reports to: Managing Director UK
The Head of Retail is responsible for:
Working with the Managing Director to deliver Leica’s vision for retail in UK and plan for growth of own store retail and delivering on this plan. Positive and proactive communication of key brand and company messages to the retail team, customers and potential partners.
- Build successful external partnerships that lead to greater brand awareness amongst our target customer groups. Partnering with key internal colleagues to implement and deliver these initiatives
- Identify and develop customer and sales initiatives to grow brand awareness and customer base and increase brand loyalty
Deliver Customer Excellence
- Ensure that stores consistently reflect our brand promise and cultural values and deliver the best customer experience possible
- Ensure that all retail colleagues maintain a high level of global brand, product and sales knowledge, developing and delivering training with the Head of HR as required
Increase Share of Wallet
- Lead, coach, support and develop retail management team to ensure effective day to day store leadership and management and the achievement of sales targets
- Work across to increase attachment rates and identify sales opportunities for third party accessories
Customer Loyalty and Retention
- Work with the retail management team to create and adapt retail procedures and processes as necessary to ensure consistent and efficient running of the entire retail function
Embedding of retail KPIs (sales, margin, inventory management), service and visual standards, and revision of these as necessary.
Project managing any future Leica owned store openings, working in partnership with Leica Germany and UK colleagues to ensure success in all phases; planning, design, building, training, marketing and operating.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring leader and a passionate and driven retailer. They will have:
- Exceptional retail experience gained at leadership level within a premium or luxury retail environment
- A demonstrable track record of delivering store sales against plan
- The proven ability to build a strong sales and service culture
- An entrepreneurial and commercial mindset and experience of increasing customer base and successfully targeting new customer groups
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- A passion for photography and our brand
This role would suit an existing Head of Retail looking for a unique opportunity to join an iconic brand or an experienced and ambitious Store Manager ready for that next career step.
This is a part-time role and could be worked over 3 full days or 4-5 shorter days.