Assistant Solicitor - Part time 3 days/wk
Assistant Solicitor - Part time 3 days/wk
Position: Assistant Solicitor (part-time)
Reports to: Director of Legal Services and Company Secretary
Working with: Director of Legal Services and Company Secretary
With roots going back to 1968, Imagination is an independent creative agency with 19 offices and award winning results worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation, evolving in response to the changing needs of clients. Our name is our promise delivered by our people, who are drawn from every discipline to work in one common purpose. We are united by a belief in the creative power of the mind and the transformative value of experiences. We create more effective engagement that builds relationships between people and brands, products and services, towards delivering greater value for our clients. We do so by transforming business through creativity.
Legal Services Team:
The successful candidate will join Imagination’s in-house legal counsel (the Director of Legal Services) and his PA/Legal Assistant in dealing with all legal aspects of Imagination’s business.
The position will be for three days per week at Imagination’s offices at Store Street, dovetailing with the three days worked by the Director of Legal Services, although two days would be given consideration. It is anticipated that the person appointed will have his or her own body of work and also provide cover for the Director of Legal Services, who will reciprocate.
- Taking primary responsibility for advising internally on all intellectual property matters in relation to services to clients and services provided by suppliers and joint venture partners, with an emphasis on digital technology in its latest manifestations, such as VR, and software development.
- Advising on information security (ISO 27001) policies and data protection issues, particularly having regard to the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation.
- Advising in relation to music licensing and image rights, as well as rights required in connection with the making of films to be shown at events, streaming of live events, live performances, use of recordings on websites and elsewhere, including drafting contracts for actors, producers, directors, directors of photography, voice-over artists, composers and others.
- Supporting the process of the production and negotiation of Master Service Agreements with principal suppliers.
- Supporting the production of Non Disclosure Agreements on a project-by-project basis.
- Perusing and advising on contracts with hotels and other venues worldwide.
- Perusing and advising on contracts with clients and other third parties.
- Drafting a broad range of contracts and other documents as and when necessary.
- Fulfilling the role in compliance with company policies and procedures, for example (but not limited to) ISO documentation and Information Security training.
Experience and skills required:
- Previous relevant experience, either in-house or in private commercial practice.
- Capable of responding quickly and meeting deadlines.
- Capable of producing fast and accurate work without supervision.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to build solid working relationships with Imagination colleagues.
- Capable of communicating salient legal points in plain language to Imagination non-legal colleagues.
- Good drafting skills.
- Capable of analysing contracts and other legal documents swiftly and with close attention to detail.
- Able to get to the commercial nub of a document or a problem without legal obfuscation.
- Able to work in an organised fashion, to facilitate the sharing of matters with legal colleagues.
- Must be up-to-date with legal aspects of current digital technology.
Imagination has values that set us apart from other communications agencies. These values and talents are the reason we stand out, they demonstrate what we stand for and are the things we most want to be known for.
Inspiring - We breathe life into ideas, creating exciting opportunities.
Insightful - We demonstrate a deep understanding in all we do.
Committed - We are totally dedicated to Imagination, our clients and our work.
Collaborative - We work together, delivering positive results for Imagination.
For further details and to apply please click 'Apply'.