Part-time Relationship Manager
Part-time Relationship Manager
Function of the Post:
The Relationship Manager is responsible to Free Trade Wharf Management Company Limited and its Managing Agent for the smooth running of the administrative requirements of Free Trade Wharf including staff management. The Relationship Manager will ensure that these functions are carried out effectively in conjunction with the managing agents and/or Directors of the Management Company.
Free Trade Wharf is a riverside development of 210 apartments fronted by lovely gardens. It is a highly attractive living and working environment.
Along with the Estate Services Manager to be the main operational contact with the Managing Agent and to ensure that the following duties are carried out effectively –
- Overall responsibility and administration of front line reception
- Line management of all concierges, cleaning supervisor, plus any office staff and agency staff. Annual appraisals and supervision of these staff together with the managing agent. Facilitating regular team meetings and team building exercises
- Ensuring appropriate cover is provided for absent staff. The post holder will be expected to include themselves in the rota for front line/reception duties particularly in times of staff holidays/absences
- Preparation of 24 hour duty rota and work programmes for FTW staff, including absence cover
- Responsibility for arranging staff training/induction etc.
- Ensuring the concierges provide a first class customer service to residents and visitors
- Setting up an efficient method of communication to residents either by using a purpose made Building Management System or developing a communication system in house
- To assist the Directors with the production of a regular newsletter
- To be a principal key holder and to ensure that access to keys is given only to authorised people
- Dealing with queries and complaints and, if need be, directing them to the Estate Services Manager/Managing Agents/Directors
- Within the responsibilities and budgets delegated by the Managing Agent/Directors, to undertake all appropriate administration work, including ordering, preparation of estimates and regular stock-taking
- Maintain accurate records of expenditure and financial planning by working closely with the Managing Agent and Estate Services Manager
- Reporting to Directors on a regular basis and attendance at Board meetings and other meetings as required
- To liaise with the Residents’ Association
- To take responsibility for residents’ bookings of the Estate's facilities such as the function room/garden barbecues in liaison with the Residents’ Association when necessary
- To maintain an up to date inventory as appropriate to this role
- Undertake personal training and development as required
- Point of contact for the tenants of the Company flat
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Managing Agent/Directors.
- An experienced office manager
- Experience of managing front line/reception staff offering excellent customer service
- Experience of recruitment of staff
- Experience of maintaining and working to a budget, recording of expenditure, purchase orders and of using Excel or other recognised accounting system
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Knowledge of employment law – (not necessarily HR trained)
Skills and abilities
- Excellent communication skills and good report writing abilities
- The ability to be able to create an effective and efficient communication system or work with a bespoke Building Management System for effective communication between residents/owners and FTW company
- Ability to foster a good team spirit
- Ability to deal with queries and complaints with efficiency and diplomacy
- Experience of managing staff rotas, absence cover, sickness and holiday cover
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Experience of providing in house training
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this role via the below method.