Audit Senior Associate - Centre of Excellence, 4-5 days per week
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- We are open to flexible contracts (during Oct-May min. 4 day week)
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
A career in our Audit Centre of Excellence practice will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for developing functions in PwC that support audit engagement teams and audit quality efforts. The CoE executes delivery in the most complex and judgmental areas of our audits (e.g. Pensions, Share Based Payments, Audit of Tax), enabling individuals to build deep technical expertise in one or more of these highly complex areas, as well as working with a range of clients of every shape and size.
As part of our team, you’ll work with a broad and diverse range of clients, exposuring you to businesses of varying sizes, industries and complexities. You’ll use cutting edge technology working virtually on various audit engagements. You’ll develop specialist audit knowledge and play a key role in improving the quality and efficiency of our audits. You’ll also lead innovation in a range of areas, including pensions assets and liabilities, share based payments, and the audit of Tax.
As a Senior Associate in CoE, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results
- Developing new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems
- Using a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the business area
- Reviewing your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Sharing relevant thought leadership
- Using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others
- Ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
Essential Skills and Experience:
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Experience of financial accounting and reporting
- The ability to learn quickly
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
- Experienced in coaching junior staff
- Passion for quality
- Experience of working to client deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple engagements at the same time and prioritising appropriately.
- Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable, but a demonstrable experience of learning new and complex technical areas is more important.
Glasgow, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Leeds, Manchester
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.