Head of Operational Taxes, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. In late 2018, we announced the creation of a new Consumer Healthcare joint venture and a plan to separate GSK. We now have an exciting one-time opportunity to create two, new leading companies, each with the ability to improve the health of hundreds of millions of people:
- a new GSK - a leading biopharma company with an R&D approach focused on science related to the immune system, use of genetics and new technologies, and with a portfolio of medicines and vaccines in areas including HIV and other infectious diseases, Respiratory and Oncology.
- and a new leader in Consumer Healthcare, with category leading power brands and innovation based on science and consumer insights.
Leadership of the GSK Statutory Compliance Service & Third-Party Tax & Stats Outsource contract
Accountable for ensuring that GSK meets its worldwide tax and statutory compliance obligations, namely the correct, complete & timely filing of CIT returns, VAT returns, statistical returns and statutory accounts, through its in house arrangements and its outsourcing arrangements with a suitable third party. This includes Operational Transfer Pricing. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an effective partnering relationship with the Provider to ensure that GSK's evolving compliance needs are met at standards to the satisfaction of all stakeholders, including agreeing with the Provider any additions to, or removes from, the current scope of the outsourcing contract, including negotiation of associated fees
- Oversight of the in house arrangements to meet tax and statutory compliance obligations, including the evaluation and subsequent implementation of any expansion of the outsourcing contract to cover statutory compliance obligations which are currently managed internally. This will include building a business case and securing CFO sponsorship of any such proposal
- Accountability for and effective leadership of the Statutory Compliance Service, which is responsible for the day to day management of provider service delivery, monitoring of KPIs and escalation of risk and issues.
- The management of communication and engagement programmes with all stakeholders and internal customers (i.e. Finance Directors) of the statutory compliance service for the purposes of resolving issues with the third-party outsourcer and securing visibility over tax process risks etc.
Leading the Tax & Stats GPO Function
The role is responsible for leading the Tax & Statutory Accounts Global Process Owner organisation. This includes:
- Accountability for the effective operation and continuous improvement of Indirect Tax, Corporate tax, Operational Transfer Pricing, statistical returns and statutory accounts processes through the appropriate deployment of specialist Process Improvement Experts (PIEs)
- Leadership of Tax's input into ERP implementation and maintenance, with responsibility for ensuring that the Tax configuration of SAP is optimal, scalable and meets all tax requirements
- Accountability for the design and implementation of new compliance processes as required e.g. for the implementation of new tax regimes such as GST in India and additional filing requirements such as SAF-T
- Leadership of the activity of co-ordination and governance of any business as usual changes required in the design of compliance processes and/or ERP and related systems required as a result of changes to tax legislative and regulatory changes worldwide, ensuring that all GSK processes remain up to date and tax compliant
- Design through to implementation of the Global Tax Technology and Automation strategy, in close liaison with the GSK Technology organisation, to ensure that the CX organisation is market leading in this space and that all/any efficiencies are realised
- Leading the Statutory Compliance Service which includes managing the relationship and delivery of outsourced tax compliance services
- Build, lead and develop the Tax & Stats GPO and ERP team
- Design through to Implementation of the Global Tax Technology Strategy
Previous Experience Required/Desired Skill Set
- A proven track record in a tax leadership role (5+years) and experience of successfully leading complex projects with multiple deliverables and interdependencies in a multinational business.
- Degree aligned to the relevant field, professional tax certification would be desired.
- Experience of developing strategy and building, effectively leading and managing teams of SMEs & tax professionals in a multinational environment, and ideally of leading through a time of transformation for the team and/or the organisation;
- Experience of communicating with and achieving buy-in from, senior executives in a multi-national corporate environment, demonstrating the ability to gain recognition for the significance of the responsibility required to effectively manage tax and statutory compliance, indirect taxes and trade compliance.
- A wide-ranging practical experience of UK, US and other multinational Indirect Tax issues including experience of delivering effective Indirect Tax stewardship and business support via a centralised tax function within a finance organisation utilising a captive shared service centre/ outsourcing hybrid model.
- An extensive working knowledge across all areas of tax and statutory compliance, and business process improvement, together with an in-depth knowledge of the Tax aspects of ERP and other Tax technologies
- Experience of leading complex cross functional projects with multiple deliverables and interdependencies in a multinational business.
- Experience of dealing with UK and other tax authorities.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.