Global Legal Operations Team Leader, Open to flexible working
Are you an experienced legal administrator with a proven background in establishing and maintaining processes, ways of working, performance expectations, and capability development across a legal administrative network? If so, read on...
GSK have a new role a new role for a Global Legal Operations Team Leader on a full time permanent basis.
As the Global Legal Operations Team Leader you will set direction for and manage a team of Administrative Assistants and collaborate with peers to establish and maintain standard processes, ways of working, performance expectations, and a consistent approach to capability development across the Legal Administrative network.
Reporting into the Head of Legal Strategic Planning & Delivery, you will also be responsible for supporting Heads of Legal Operations in leading and participating in transformational projects and improvement initiatives with cross functional global Legal teams that support efforts to run Legal like a business for the business.
This role offers you the opportunity to line manage a broad team, gaining experience in a high performing legal environment and taking accountability of your individual and the team's tasks. You will be given the opportunity to bring new ideas to the table, take on development opportunities and connect and learn about other functions.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Leads and manages a high performing, effective and efficient Administrative Assistant team to deliver excellent support to the Legal department
- Defines standard work expectations and advocates for effective use of Administrative support by Legal staff to ensure optimal use of Admin resources (right work right people)
- Defines a competency model to ensure Administrative Assistants have the capabilities required to deliver excellent administrative support. Works with team to assess competencies. Organizes or directs team to available training to help them close competency gaps.
- Develops strong collaborative relationships and partners with the Project Management team, Legal LT members and Legal stakeholders to identify stretch opportunities that allow Administrative Assistants to take on higher value work that directly supports delivery of Legal's strategic objectives.
- Develops a deep understanding of Legal practices/processes and supports Legal LT members and Heads of Legal Ops in proactively analysing and assessing opportunities for process improvement across the Legal department. Designs and delivers process improvements to solve problems or realize opportunities.
- Owns and manages specific Legal Operations processes or activities. (e.g. GLO budget management, guidance to department on spend management, Legal census data, website management, benchmarking activities, engagement initiatives, etc.)
- Partners with Heads of Legal Ops and/or Project Management Team to design and deliver small/low complexity projects using project management tools and techniques.
- Applies change management tools and techniques in the design and delivery of strategic projects, initiatives and process improvements to ensure effective delivery of change
To be successful in this role you will be a flexible team player with excellent verbal and written communication. You will effectively prioritise, and problem solve effectively while leading a team to deliver exceptional administrative support daily. You will be able to apply project management techniques to design and deliver projects and deal with multiple requests and be confident in pushing pack and challenging your stakeholders. You will be keen to take ownership of your team's learning and proactively keep abreast of new learning opportunities.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Demonstrable experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Expert level of proficiency in all competency areas defined for Administrative support (soft skills and technical skills)
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, and meet deadlines
- Ability to engage, interact, and influence effectively with individuals across all levels of the company
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills
- Detail oriented, with solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Creative and innovative in achieving tasks, solutions oriented
- Practical/ results oriented with an ability to utilise influencing skills to ensure standards and best practices are met
- Demonstrates a flexible and adaptable approach to dynamic and changing requirements
- Demonstrates personal accountability and project/resource management skills
- Demonstrates proactive approach to work as well as the ability to multi-task and to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Team oriented, flexible approach with the ability to work with others in a matrix, global team environment with strong collaborative skills
- Highly performance focused with gravitas and confidence when dealing with senior stakeholders and have high emotional intelligence and be values based - trust being a key enabler in delivering against the objectives of the role.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Courses in Project Management or ADP tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of GSK and Legal systems
- Experience working in a Legal department
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 9th April, 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you are being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.