Head of VAT, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. In late 2018, we announced the creation of a new Consumer Healthcare joint venture and a plan to separate GSK. We now have an exciting one-time opportunity to create two, new leading companies, each with the ability to improve the health of hundreds of millions of people:
- a new GSK - a leading biopharma company with an R&D approach focused on science related to the immune system, use of genetics and new technologies, and with a portfolio of medicines and vaccines in areas including HIV and other infectious diseases, Respiratory and Oncology.
- and a new leader in Consumer Healthcare, with category leading power brands and innovation based on science and consumer insights.
To build and lead a small team of VAT professionals in providing business decision support, risk management and VAT optimization for the worldwide Consumer Healthcare business.
- Provision of timely and proactive VAT advice on product VAT liability, M&A transactions, business models, contracting and other ad hoc matters;
- Proactive management and mitigation of VAT risks arising in the business, including the reporting of those risks within the relevant governance structures;
- Strategic management of VAT audits through adviser management and collaborative relationships with the wider finance & commercial organization exists.
- Ensuring that the VAT affairs of the Cx businesses are arranged so as to improve cashflow and minimize VAT costs.
- Building and managing a team of global VAT professionals and ensuring that an open, collaborative and mentor environment exists.
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
- A minimum of 7 years senior level experience of international VAT, ideally in an FMCG or biopharma environment.
- Education to degree level. Ideally a professional Tax qualification in addition.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.