HR Manager - Contracts Separation - 15month FTC/secondment, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
SECONDMENT/ FIXED-TERM CONTRACT - 15 months
We are seeking a HR Manager to join our CH HR Separation Readiness Team within the contracts & outsourcing workstream. This is a complex but exciting area overseeing the separation of HR benefits and suppliers and the design and implementation of outsourcing solutions for the future CH organisation. The outcome of the broader program is to ensure we have two separate, world class companies, sometime around mid-2022.
In this role you will lead the separation of all contracts outside of employee benefits - developing and executing plans to ensure HR supplier contracts are in place for the continuity of services in the new CH organisation. This will involve project managing the collation of data from various Centres of Excellence in HR, and Procurement, and overseeing the necessary steps to ensure continuity of service provision in conjunction with the broader HR Separation Team. You will establish, adapt and deliver a project plan with cross-functional dependencies to ensure the readiness of benefits provision for CH.
Within this role you will:
- Be confident in managing cross-functional relationships up to senior level and be able to influence, persuade and generate successful outcomes through people outside of your direct line management chain.
- Be comfortable working with high volumes of data, collating and presenting information in formats that are focussed and understandable to different audiences.
- Be comfortable in a complex and evolving team and project and be flexible in adapting to changing circumstances and demands, peaks and troughs in project work.
- Be a proficient project manager, able to set targets, plan and coordinate resources to deliver against milestones.
- Have great attention to detail and be adept at solving problems of high complexity and people impact.
- Have an excellent understanding of business and people risks and opportunities, particularly in a benefits context but also more generally in relation to service delivery.
- Be a team player, willing to work outside of your comfort zone and areas of responsibility where required, and be willing to contribute to broader discussions and decisions relating to the contracts and outsourcing workstream.
- Have strong commercial awareness and be able to balance best-in-class and best-in-cost inflection points, challenging and escalating decisions where necessary.
- Develop and deliver the overall project plan for the separation of HR contracts, working with other functions such as Procurement and HR Centres of Excellence to communicate timescales, realise opportunities, flag risks and ultimately deliver against milestones.
- Coordinate the necessary data capture exercises to ensure plans and decisions are properly formed and refined.
- Operate within the defined Decision-Advise-Inform framework to manage accountabilities and facilitate quick progress where needed.
- Take a hands-on approach to overseeing the execution of contract separation, with guidance from procurement, in smaller markets outside of Procurement scope and be the conduit for progressing procurement activity outside of areas with centralised Procurement oversight
- Leverage support of global teams where necessary to unlock local problems and ensure continued delivery and progress.
- Complex project management experience, preferably in an HR setting.
- Familiar with Vendor/Supplier management.
- Experience working in a HR role at a similar level.
- A strong background in analysis and critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources.
- Demonstrable background in, or aptitude for, fast moving teams engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Communication with senior stakeholders, including presenting and disseminating information to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Ability to confidently challenge decisions and manage conflicting priorities.
- Project experience within acquisition or divestment activity.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.