HR Manager, Part time - 2 days per week
HR Manager, Part time (0.4 FTE)
Roles and responsibilities
Reports to: CEO
Working with: PA to Group CEO/ Office Manager
Location: 4 Gainsford Street, London SE1 2NE
Job type: Part Time (0.4), permanent
This is an exciting time at Divine Chocolate – we are growing our sales and profits and increasing our presence around the world. The HR Manager position offers the opportunity to join the company at a key stage in its growth, it has merged with its US sister company which has further consolidated its UK and international status.
You would be joining a small energetic team running a successful ground-breaking and dynamic Social Enterprise which delivers real benefits to its farmer-owners and offers a real choice to chocolate lovers around the world. Your contribution would be to help us develop our overall HR strategy, focused on building our team, developing our people and ensuring that Divine is a great employer.
Our Vision: A world where chocolate is cherished and celebrated by everyone.
Our Mission: To grow a successful global farmer-owned chocolate company using the amazing power of chocolate to delight and engage, and bring people together to create dignified trading relations, thereby empowering producers and consumers.
Overall job purpose:
To manage the HR functions of Divine to help us build our team in UK and USA by ensuring our unique values are reflected in the HR services we provide.
- Develop and implement an HR Strategy, focused on developing and retaining great talent.
- Ensure our HR processes and policies are kept up to date.
- Support managers, recruit, develop and retain staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage HR function.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding process for new staff and associates/consultants.
- Review staff handbooks and keep them updated.
- Implement “Charlie” HR System to automate administration
- Support the annual objective setting and appraisal process, staff training and personal development plans.
- Lead an Employee satisfaction survey and use the results to drive positive change and increase employee engagement.
- Promote employee wellbeing and develop a benefits package for staff that reflects our social enterprise and B-Corp status.
- Map skills and develop a Training programme for the Divine Team.
- Provide support to staff and managers on health matters, sickness absence and any other employee relations issues..
- Ensure policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current legislation and best practice.
- Advise and input to the remuneration committee.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Chartered Member of CIPD, or equivalent.
- Track record of managing an effective and progressive HR service with excellent results.
- Experience of delivering a high-quality customer-focused generalist service; including recruitment, contract administration, managing employee records, production and communication of HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently as a standalone HR Manager.
- Comprehensive experience of managing risk in terms of employee relations, including liaising with senior management and employment lawyers.
- Experience of writing new fit-for-purpose policies and procedures.
- At ease with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to think widely and strategically while keeping an eye on the details.
- Good knowledge of current employment legislation, including equality legislation, and HR practice (including payroll and pensions) and the ability to advise on it to a range of audiences.
- Commercial acumen – good overall understanding of company finances and operations in order to best support the senior management.
- Mindful of current trends and best practice in the HR arena.
- Passionate about the role that Divine can play in empowering small scale farmers and positively influencing “conventional business”.
- Personable, thorough, team oriented.
- Underlying interest in Social Enterprise.
- £45 - £55K (pro rata) depending on experience
- Pension 8%
- Life insurance
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 1st September 2017.
To apply for this position, please send the following to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 1st September 2017:
- A covering letter
- Your CV
- 200 words on 'Fairtrade today'
Divine Chocolate Company Values
Respect – Ownership – Teamwork - Creativity