Part time Finance Director - Fashion Retail
Part time Finance Director, Retail, fashion, London
Our client is a retail fashion brand, they are seeking a part-time qualified (ACA/CIMA) Finance Director with experience of senior financial management within a commercial retail organisation.
Reporting to the MD, you will have significant input into the development of strategic plans and commercial targets, and ensure that financial reports and assumptions are robust. This is an opportunity for a “hands on” finance professional looking to develop broad commercial experience within an international group and play a key role in the firm’s growth.
• Ability to produce, deliver and present meaningful financial analysis and recommend appropriate actions to improve performance
• Ability to bring a commercial approach to the role
• Strong interpersonal skills - including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with finance and non-finance people including presentations to the Board of the Group and liaison with finance staff in overseas offices
• Analytical approach to information gathering, able to identify risks and provide solutions, including the development of improved financial systems
• Advanced user of Excel and experienced user of Word and PowerPoint, willing and able to learn accounting / ERP software and IT systems (the firm is currently using SAP Business One and training can be given)
• Self-starter, able to work under pressure and handle a heavy workload
• Able to balance short-term workload against medium/long term objectives (such as a improving financial systems and processes) whilst maintaining traction on both
• Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Preparation of timely and accurate financial and management accounts for UK and Group (incorporating accounting information from overseas)
• contributing to the improvement of the financial performance of the company:
- input to the firm’s strategic plans
- management, preparation and production of the annual budget (and rolling three-year forecasts)
- development, monitoring and analysis of KPIs including presentation and explanation to Company Directors
- cashflow forecasting (short-term and longer-term)
- analysis and commentary on financial performance
- recommending actions to improve performance efficient management of critical processes such as credit control, creditor payments and payroll, cash flow, etc
- preparation and presentation of regular income and expenditure forecasts
- prepare financial reports for internal use and for investors in specified formats and to agreed deadlines
- work as a business partner with senior managers, presenting the financial implications of strategic decisions, business opportunities and other matters that may arise from time to time
- liaise with external auditors to ensure that all work is fully prepared for annual audit
- ensure that, at all times, the firm has appropriate insurance policies in place to mitigate all appropriate risks
- ensure that, at all times, the firm is fully compliant with statutory financial regulations, and that all staff are aware of the firm’s financial policies and procedures.
Flexibility: 3 days a week (one of which must be Monday)
Salary: to £75K FTE
Location: Central London