Medical Director Women's Cancers, Open to flexible working
4 days left
- Contract Type
The Medical Director Women's Cancer will be responsible for providing expert scientific capability and leadership while managing a broad range of Medical Affairs activities associated with his or her assigned products and within the Women's Cancers Oncology therapy area;
- They will develop and implement local research strategies to address data gaps and advance the scientific/clinical understanding of GSK medicines.
- They will be accountable for leading external scientific/clinical exchange with the scientific and medical community and to bring the medical voice of the customer back into the organization (includes 1:1 interactions, advisory boards, medical education, congress presentations, publications and congress sponsorships).
- They will work with the Medical team, the cross-functional teams, and global teams providing scientific/clinical expertise, advice and technical leadership on GSK products in the UK market by developing and implementing a local, integrated medical strategy and customer engagement plans.
- Provide expert scientific product and disease knowledge and trusted medical leadership to GSK UK and to International Medical Networks
- Build and leverage high quality scientific knowledge and capability expertise across the enterprise
- Deliver external engagement excellence characterized by timely, responsible and responsive interactions with the external medical and scientific community to achieve a two-way trusted scientific partnership
- Accountable for regular review and analysis of data analytics and medical voice of customer to derive insights and develop action plans to deliver on the medical strategy
- Lead, develop and implement a local Medical Strategic Plan for medicines within the Oncology therapy area including:
- Identifying areas of research interest and developing timely local study protocols which advance the scientific understanding of our medications
- Identifying areas of medical education interest
- Identifying advisory board/1:1 interaction needs, and leading their implementation and follow-up
- Ensuring alignment with commercial strategic planning
- Managing research budget and budget forecasting processes for assigned products and therapy areas
- Provide scientific assessment of pipeline products to enhance the local and the global development plans that maximize the scientific understanding of these potential future assets
- Interact with global teams to influence global clinical development plans in order to optimize patient access to innovative medicines in the UK
- Provide scientific strategic input to the regulatory and reimbursement teams to allow GSK to demonstrate the value of GSK products to achieve optimal product labeling, reimbursement outcomes and patient access.
- Evaluate and manage investigator-sponsored studies to advance research on disease and its treatment, aligned to the areas of research interest
- Deliver study reports and local publications related to local research activities
- Support the TA Director in the review of all medical grant and donation requests (including Independent Medical Education requests) and congress sponsorship requests to ensure alignment with therapy area strategies.
- Lead the development and implementation of advice seeking interactions (e.g. 1:1 interactions, advisory boards):
- Identifying advisory board needs
- Securing necessary approvals
- Ensuring agenda meets local needs and not duplicated elsewhere
- Leading the selection of participants
- Completing due diligence reports and contracting
- Ensuring insights/learnings are shared and addressed
- Leverage medical and scientific knowledge to ensure that all materials produced are medically and scientifically accurate and in compliance with local and GSK requirements
- Lead on training of promotional field force at quarterly training update meetings
- MBBS, MD, PhD or PharmD
- Strong foundation/expertise in the disease and therapeutic area (Oncology)
- Ability to apply scientific knowledge and lead research programs
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners including Key External Experts and global stakeholders
- Strong ability to leverage scientific knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work as a strategic partner with commercial functions would be considered an asset
- Must possess a good understanding of the UK healthcare environment
- Strong ability to develop timely and meaningful research protocols and study reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Industry Medical Affairs experience considered an asset
- Strong project management skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Team player with a can do mindset and strong communication skills
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.