Client Due Diligence Specialist - 12 month fixed term contract, Open to flexible working
Leicester (Regent House), Birmingham (The Colmore Building), Cambridge (Cambridge Science Park), Milton Keynes (Victoria House), Northampton (Pavilion Drive), Nottingham (City Gate East)
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
We can offer some flexibility in where you are based. We are currently working from home and while the team are normally based in Leicester, you don't have to be based there full-time. It would be helpful if you could come into the Leicester office a few days a week when it is open but we can be flexible on Location.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Client Due Diligence Analyst role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You will be managing the onboarding of clients in compliance with the 2017 Money Laundering Regulations and internal policy. We will be looking for you to use your analytical skills to collate documentation and data from a variety of sources to verify identity and ownership/control to the appropriate standard. You’ll also be carrying out screening of clients to identity risks relating to sanctions, PEP, and adverse media relating to financial crime.
- Take responsibility. You’ll be completing Client Risk Assessments to determine the firm’s exposure to financial crime, including money laundering, terrorist financing, tax evasion, bribery & corruption and sanctions breaches as well as applying risk-based approaches to client periodic reviews.
- Build your brand. You'll manage own workload effectively to strict deadlines, with minimal supervision. Keep Team Leader informed of workload and any capacity issues
The minimum criteria
- Demonstrable experience undertaking research using a variety of tools
- Knowledge of corporate structures, including complex overseas structures
- Proven experience in a target driven role
- Excellent communication skills
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Knowledge of the full range of financial crime risks, including bribery & corruption, sanctions breaches and tax evasion.
- Relevant qualification such as ICA certificate/advanced certificate
- Knowledge of practical client due diligence requirements under the Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- Knowledge of ultimate beneficial ownership verification research.
- Experience of conducting client/customer risk assessments
- Experience of using data sources such as Dun & Bradstreet, BvD and Dow Jones
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable but not essential
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.