Product & Process Control Head, Open to flexible working
The Global Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) organization is a network-focused function which provides strategic direction and technical and operational support to ensure that GSK Pharma Supply Chain (PSC) network and site goals and objectives are achieved, and determined strategy executed. MSAT is the keeper of the body of manufacturing process knowledge, creates the instruction set and ensures manufacturing operations stay aligned with the registered process. MSAT's primary functions are to lead technology transfers, implement control strategies, provide technical process support, provide process support across the product lifecycle, while implementing new products and new modalities for commercial products and product-related programs within the GSK PCS perimeter.
The Product and Process Control Head is very strategic, with responsibility for legacy, next generation and new products in the GSK Pharma portfolio, including all products established or derived from other modalities as they are introduced to the GSK portfolio from internal or alliance relationships. For these, you will lead a multi-disciplinary team to ensure the necessary technical standards are in place and in use to drive success. The team and standards cover technical transfer, contamination control, product lifecycle management & validation, both for product & cleaning.
This is also a central role in the MSAT leadership team, closely supporting the VP who heads this group. You will act as their second in command, orchestrating broader team principles and approaches, governance processes, resource management and more. You'll take point on key strategic projects and problem solving, particularly those that are particularly complicated, confidential or critical.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the Product & Process Control team, ensuring Technical standards are established and maintained across MSAT and PSC Technical.
- Providing technical leadership for major changes, process technical transfer, validation and verification efforts to and/or from the specific site or network of sites.
- Operating in a Chief of Staff Capacity to the Global MSAT Head & MSAT Leadership Team, including co-ordination and orchestration of all key MSAT Governance, setting agendas, pre-read and management of actions and decisions.
- Performing all functions associated with leading the MSAT (specific responsibility) organisation, including a focus on safety, resource planning, oversight of the work deliverables, team budgetary performance, quality/compliance performance and more
- Providing guidance and advice on GSK policy and procedures, promoting global interactions, mediating conflicts, and providing MSAT input for customer, network and regulatory interactions
- Through strong engagement and communications, ensuring alignment to GSK PSC strategical goals and vision.
- Leading cross-functionally with support departments to achieve MSAT and PSC vision and strategy, driving rapid resolution where support is required
- Establishing and maintaining a defined performance management structure and capability management process for the MSAT group, and an active talent management and succession programme
- Development and ongoing management of Technical Standards, covering Technical Transfer, Product Lifecycle Management, Contamination control & Validation
We need a truly strategic leader in this position: someone with vision, ambition and capability to supervise a significant product portfolio. Your function within MSAT leadership is also crucial, and you must be able to not only formally manage, but also lead through influencing and credibility, delivering results through partnerships with peers as well as through formal delegation to your team. You'll need to be highly credible, standing up to the scrutiny of CET and board level meetings and holding your own in these environments. For the above, excellent management, communication and interpersonal skills are a given. These will be coupled with personal accountability, prioritisation, organisation and project management skills. You will also be a coach and a mentor and will be passionate about supporting and improving the capability of the MSAT team.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Friday 9th April (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Higher level, formal qualification in a relevant scientific or engineering field
- In depth knowledge of small molecule pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Deep awareness of current GMP and other regulations
- Knowledge and skills in statistical data analysis
- Extensive experience and in-depth scientific/technical knowledge of pharmaceutical products, including process development, product development, scale-up or operations
- Proven record of success in a leadership role
- Hands on knowledge in both Drug Product and Drug Substance dose forms
Preferred Qualifications and experience:
- Additional relevant qualifications or training
- Broader knowledge of manufacturing dosage forms and manufacturing processes
- Solid understanding of current lifecycle management and validation guidelines
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.