Regional Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics Manager, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
This is a significant role as part of the Global EHS Team for Pharma Supply Chain (PSC). You will act as an Industrial Hygiene subject matter expert (SME), helping to set standard for the central organization, and supporting sites, as needed. This focuses on the management of Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics risks and the reduction of risk and improvement of controls. In role, you will primarily support the Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, requiring international travel (from 20-40%) to several manufacturing sites in the region.
This is a new and extremely dynamic working environment, offering an opportunity to learn all about the Pharma business, as well as to influence how it develops and is managed moving forward. You will have an extensive remit with significant responsibility and subsequent visibility across the region. To be successful, you will need the confidence and skill to develop fantastic working relationships globally and will be utilising this network to drive improvements in Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing deep technical support in industrial hygiene and ergonomics and other topics as identified
- Lead Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics across the region
- Identifying key talent & building organisational capability within region - promote inter-site networking
- Identifying and mitigating safety & business risks associated with industrial hygiene and ergonomics across the region while being cost sensitive - the role will need to be adept at balancing cost versus risk versus benefit
- Ensuring alignment of significant capital investment projects with GSK standards, from concept to execution
- Ensuring an effective chemical, physical and biological risk management strategy is in place at all sites in the region.
- Ensuring an effective ergonomics programme in place for the region.
- Working in close collaboration with above site engineering and EHS colleagues to support their activity and leverage any synergies in work streams, as well site teams to cascade and develop improvements, good practice and innovations
- Providing input to Facility Master Plans and Capital Plans to achieve risk reduction in industrial hygiene and ergonomics
- Working with region finance and engineering teams to build solid business cases for significant capital investments.
- Coordination and management of existing global SME partners across the region, while also building relationships with engineering consultancies in EMEA to support Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics programme.
- Developing, owning and presenting insightful data and information to the EMEA region leadership team regarding current status and performance against Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics objectives.
- Provide proactive and reactive technical support and oversight to audits and incident investigations.
This role requires relationship building and networking, in order to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders including EHS Regional leads, site personnel, senior site management and more. You must be able to influence people, winning engagement and enthusiasm for changes and improvements as necessary. This will also require strong report writing and presentation skills, and the ability to coach others, deliver training and to develop staff, as you will need to improve capability across the network in your areas of expertise. You will use analytical skills to identify opportunities for improvement, and a strategic thinking approach to deliver these across multiple business areas. This will require the ability to work well in a team, and deliver a variety of work under pressure, while multi-tasking.
Required (Basic) Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree level qualification in Industrial Hygiene, EHS, Physical Science or Engineering
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. BOHS, CIH, or locally recognized IH certification)
- Industry experience in a related sector, such as Pharma, Consumer Health or similar
- Significant, hands on experience in Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Hygiene
- Hands on experience performing IH and Ergonomics risk management activities
- Fluent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Experience leading Industrial Hygiene programs and projects.
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. BOHS, CIH, or locally recognized IH certification).
Additional Skills (Preferred Qualifications)
- Master's degree or equivalent in Industrial Hygiene, EHS, Physical Science or Engineering
- 7+ years significant, hands on experience in Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Hygiene.
- Experience in developing containment solutions to manage chemical exposures
- Knowledge in the use of the Cority IH Database and Bayesian statistical analysis of data
- Hands on experience using the Humantech Ergonomic System
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.