Early Careers Specialist - open to flexible working
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Our Diageo Performance Ambition calls for us to create the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world; this requires us to guarantee our plans with the right people and capabilities. Talent Engagement is the global function that attracts, assesses and selects external and internal talent that is the best for Diageo to help deliver our performance ambition.
Our goal is to be a world class recruiting function focused on engaging, attracting and hiring the very best and most diverse talent for Diageo. The Early Careers Specialist is a critical stakeholder relationship role that is focused on ensuring consistent delivery and an excellent candidate experience to achieve Diageo’s Talent Ambition, through early careers hiring across our organisation.
The Early Careers Specialist is an integral part of our Europe Talent Engagement organisation, supporting Early Careers hiring across Europe Markets, Global Functions & SupplyChain. Early Careers forms a fundamental pillar within our Inclusion & Diversity framework, and this role will play an important part in identifying key universities, partnerships and communities to attract diverse talent for our early careers programs across Europe.
About the role
- The Early Careers Specialist will actively partner with the business and HRBPs to identify the amount of graduates required for each function and market across Europe
- The Early Careers Specialist will identify key diverse universities within each region and build a strong on-campus presence including (but not limited to) attendance of career days/fairs, arranging guest lectures of Diageo representatives, partnerships with careers teams and a developed relationship with the diverse groups across each campus. This will include digital attraction as well as on-campus presence (if relevant and/or appropriate)
- In addition to building strong relationships with our key universities, this role will also identify specific partnerships to help attract and retain great diverse talent across each region, along with identifying key communities (e.g. not for profit charities)
- The Early Careers Specialist will support the grad program across each market/function in Europe to support the consistent onboarding experience with functional onboarding enabled by the HRBP community. Support and coordination of the rotations of each graduate over their 2 – 3 year program, partnering closely with the business and the HRBP team to track and organise each grad rotation and measuring the performance/success of each individual prior to each rotation
- Employer Brand and a graduate EVP will be essential in every aspect of this role, including a defined strategy on how to enhance the Diageo Early Careers Program as an employer of choice, ideally listing in The Times top graduate programs within the next 3 – 4 years.
- Success within this role is hiring the required amount of diverse graduates per the agreed targeted number within each market/function. Success in the role be ensuring we hire high quality, diverse candidates that are in line with our 2030 ambitions on both gender and ethnicity
- Facilitation and coordination of the end to end lifecycle of the graduate recruiting process including leveraging automated tools such as Pymetrics and Cappfinity as well as the management of successful assessment centres.
- The Early Careers Specialist role is highly visible to a large cross section of key and senior stakeholders, many of which will be in critical leadership roles that have a significant impact on the organisation’s ability to achieve key business outcomes and the overall Performance Ambition.
- A passion for early careers hiring across multiple complex markets and functions
- Hands on experience of managing an early careers program
- A passion for hiring great diverse talent via multiple sources, partners, jobboards and communities
- Experience and a comfort level for executing a structured program in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders across complex regions and functions
- Well organised and self-sufficient
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.