Digital Content Consultant and Manager, Open to flexible working
EY’s ambition to create long-term value as the world’s most trusted, distinctive professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
The Digital Content Consultant and Manager will report to the Digital Content Leader, within the Global Digital Channels Ecosystem team responsible for ey.com channel strategy and wider digital marketing excellence. The individual selected will be responsible for reviewing, editing, developing and advising across all priority digital content so that it delivers against our global content and experience strategy and conforms to best-practice for each digital platform (audience-centric, data and insight-driven creative executions, search engine optimized, consistent and signature UX). In addition, this person will help manage content publishing with stakeholders and page-building teams, and take an active role in educating and training BMC colleagues to elevate their skill level in digital content planning, creation and channel management.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Review and consult with content creators and stakeholders around Global BMC (Brand, Marketing and Communications) - and with external agencies - to help them meet the overall strategic objectives of EY’s digital content marketing and deliver maximum audience impact within the brand guidelines
- Directly help stakeholders to think digital-first and elevate the creative impact of their content so that it drives greater reach, engagement and conversion
- Liaise directly with the EY Insights Research Institute and senior analysts to help shape their thinking
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that their content initiatives are planned within the context of the EY client lifecycle (sales funnel) – with end-to-end user journeys built across platforms and prompted by the right UX components
- Coordinate editorial planning for home and index pages on ey.com – globally and locally – and contribute to home and index decision-making with recommendations based on news topicality and site performance.
- Oversee page build and maintenance for home and index pages, plus other high visibility, brand-sensitive pages
- Help to deliver global consistency of content across country sites by working to deploy governance procedures and enable local teams to use global content. Specifically, the role will directly oversee homepage alignment across all Tier 3 (smaller market) ey.com sites
- Manage the digital strategy, editorial and UX guidance and training materials on our internal Digital Marketing Playbook – the ‘how to’ repository for EY digital marketers – and amplify that guidance with targeted training sessions and clinics
- Contribute to sitewide performance reviews and development planning with analysis and insight derived from our performance data
- Support the implement our nascent strategy to improve the impact of podcasts: strategy, governance and production process
- Manage editorial quality and performance of our global YouTube channel
Knowledge, Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Experience in planning and developing digital content for external audiences (ideally 5+ years of experience)
- Strong background in writing/editing and an excellent level of English literacy (for proof-reading and re-writing)
- Expertise in SEO best-practice and experience using SEO-monitoring tools
- Experience in YouTube channel management
- Experience directly operating a digital publishing CMS (ideally knowledge of Adobe AEM – but not essential)
- Ability to analyse web-performance data and manipulate analytics dashboards to extract actionable audience insights (ideally experience with Adobe Analytics – but not essential)
- Good understanding of EY as a business and our industry, products and services (deeper knowledge can be acquired on the job)
- An interest in, and experience with, experimenting with new content formats
- An eye for a story and/or a robust line of single-minded argument
- Initiative, coupled with accuracy and extreme attention to detail
- Strong project management skills - ability to work under pressure on multiple briefs simultaneously and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communications, networking and stakeholder management skills to collaborate in a wide range of situations and with people at all levels within the organization, including global leadership
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially Excel and Powerpoint.
This role will be based officially 6 More London Place in London. Flexible / remote working will be available but it’s requested that when pandemic restrictions are safely eased the candidate is available for at least 1-2-days per week in the office environment – to facilitate collaboration and team-building.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy & transactions and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.