Senior Manager - Wealth & Asset Management Ops Consulting, Open to flexible working
Do you want to drive and transform the UK and European top Asset and Wealth managers?
This role offers the opportunity to transform wealth and asset managers, in response to the industry inflection point. We are looking for energised, motivated leaders with experience helping asset managers, wealth managers, alternative managers and asset servicers to transform the front, middle and back office of our clients Working closely with our clients in large organisations; we understand what is really important, offering points of view and advice, supporting them to make change decisions, navigating the implementation of these and bringing teams along with us.
Our insights into industry good practice and how the asset and wealth management industries are evolving mean that we are the heart of strategic changes with our clients across
- Digital transformation
- Customer experience
- Growth and scalability, including into new clients, products and distribution channels
- Strategic cost transformation and operational efficiency
- Transforming to address market opportunities in Alternatives and ESG
Our engagements span from strategic assessments, health checks, target operating model designs, system/ vendor selections and implementation of these initiatives
Your key responsibilities
As a valued leader you will be: -
- Leading the delivery of a range of client assignments, often managing diverse, multi-disciplined EY project teams or workstreams Driving the build of EY solutions and methods Identifying opportunities for new business and owning the submission of client proposals for support Developing strong trusted advisor relationships with our clients Developing thought leadership Viewed as a team leader across EY practice and people development through activities such as recruitment, mentoring and counsellor programmes
Skills and attributes for success
- Bring Wealth and Asset Management industry knowledge and experience to the client which they may not have access to internally
- Proven delivery leadership and people leadership roles in Wealth and Asset Managers
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills who can build rapport with the client and prove credibility
- Highly flexible with a willingness to ‘get their hands dirty’ as well as strategic thinking and leadership
- A structured approach to critical problem solving
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- The ability to learn new subject matter rapidly
- Motivated and shows willingness to move career forward quickly through a variety of client interactions and assignments that will push and challenge you on a daily basis
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A successful track record leading project work in the Wealth, Asset or Investment Management industry, gained through experience working at a Wealth/Asset Manager, a top tier consultancy (Big 4, IBM, Accenture, or strategy firm), a specialist financial services consultancy, or a Wealth/Asset Management technology or service provider
- Experience of leading sales collateral such as proposal responses
- Strong business writing, presentations and stakeholder management skills
- People coaching and mentoring experience
- A minimum of 9 years of project and programme delivery
- Deep understanding of current market trends in the Wealth & Asset Management industry and subject matter expertise in one of our required segments – e.g.: Asset Management, Wealth Management
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Industry recognised business, finance, IT or project management qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE 2, Agile, Lean Six Sigma, BPR, CIMA or CFA
- A good understanding of one or more of the following: Buy-Side front and middle office, risk, compliance, advice and financial planning, Operations, Alternatives or Asset Servicing
- A good understanding of the end-to-end process flows and functional areas of Wealth & Asset Management participants
What we look for
As a valued member of the team and leader, we’re looking for applicants that are keen, dynamic and flexible – who enjoy a variety of challenges and who offer different experiences and diverse insights.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.