Financial Audit IT Associates, Open to flexible working
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Market leading growth in our Consulting Service Delivery team has created opportunities in our Newcastle Service Delivery Centre. This is a great opportunity to begin your career within the EY financial services team as you will gain experience and qualifications in a variety of EY offerings. You will have the opportunity to work on various projects with different clients and in turn you will get to fulfil your aspirations and shape your career.
The rapid evolution of technology and the risks related to this regularly make headline news. The potential impact from threats ranging from external attacks to internal rogue trading, makes the need for Technology Risk Assurance an item of concern. We are currently growing our Financial Audit IT team to help meet increasing market demand, reflected in several years of growth. Continuing expansion means we are looking for people who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working as part of different teams. With us, you will gain hands on experience of client work IT audit work engaging with large banks and other financial service organisations.
Your key responsibilities
Within Financial Audit IT, you will develop a strong working knowledge of EY’s audit methodology and working as part of a wider team, you will be responsible for testing and reviewing key IT controls and business processes and assessing business change projects.
We are committed to your professional development so you will have access to a wide variety of learning tools and training programmes and areas of development will be mapped out with your counsellor. Outside of your day to day role you will be expected to contribute to business development and people initiatives, such as, training and buddying new team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Creativity and good problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Ability to work as part of a team but also on your own when required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm to face new challenges and learn new skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- Willing to work towards the ICAEW Certificate of Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) qualification or ACCA (dependant on exam exemptions)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Financial Services experience
- Experience working within a professional environment
- Good understanding of Consulting Service Delivery and Financial Audit IT and how EY works with our clients
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious, driven individuals who want an inspiring and stimulating career. We need people who are flexible and able to balance work and study. You will spend around 80% of your time on Financial Audit IT work and 20% of your time doing training and studying. There may be opportunities to work on projects within the wider Consulting Service Delivery team, most likely cyber security.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY - Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.