PBPK Modeling Scientist
4 days left
- Contract Type
GSK is looking for a dynamic scientist to join their PBPK modeling team in the DMPK modeling group. The PBPK scientist will have the opportunity to lead PBPK projects with end to end applications of their modeling efforts from early discovery to late stage drug development. Along with other DMPK team members, this scientist will collaborate across various cross-functional teams such as toxicology, biology, chemistry, clinical pharmacology and formulations and will contribute to the prediction of human pharmacokinetics to support candidate nomination, assess drug interactions and contribute to internal dossiers & regulatory responses.
Responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- Primarily to apply PBPK models for pre-clinical and clinical PK predictions, tissue distribution and human dose prediction.
- Independently build and validate PBPK models to support evaluation of absorption and systemic exposure potential for new chemical entities
- Apply PBPK platforms as per the regulatory expectations to address DDI as well as PK predictions in special populations (e.g. patients, organ impairment).
- Provide valuable inputs to various in vitro DMPK assays as well as clinical study protocols based on modeling outputs or requirements.
- Provide valuable training and mentoring to existing and new staff
- Present modeling outputs in internal department meetings as well as external /international conferences.
- Advanced degree (PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline (Maths, pharmacology, biochemistry or other DMPK related science)
- 3+ years' experience in related field or area of science
- Extensive experience with PBPK software SimCYP and /or Gastroplus.
- Successful track record of applying PBPK into projects
- Knowledge of DMPK processes in drug discovery and development.
- Understanding of the in vitro/ in vivo experiments used to describe general ADME principles especially drug absorption and drug distribution.
- Scientific writing and presentation ability with excellent verbal communication skills.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.