Part time Senior Finance Manager - Corporate Finance
Part-time Senior Finance Manager, Central London, Regulatory Consumer Protection, London
Our client is a regulatory and consumer protection organisation, they are looking to recruit an experienced and qualified (ACA or ACCA) chartered finance professional to join their team on a 13 month maternity contract.
The role will take responsibility for overseeing the analysis and monitoring of the finances and relationship management of a portfolio of clients providing effective support to the Head of the department, including developing the organisational structure and systems, the risk including management and administrative policies and procedure. The role will involve performing in-depth business and financial assessment of large clients as well as major complex and problem cases. The role will also require deputising for the Head of Department at committees and external meetings as well as taking the lead managing specific projects within the business.T This role will also take responsibility for the management of a team of managers and junior members of the department, including reviewing their work and overseing their personal development and providing effective feedback.
The ideal candidate will come from perhaps one of the big four, be a chartered accountant and have some risk assessment experience as well as a “holistic” approach to finance.
- Qualified chartered accountant with big four background (preferred)
- Good leadership skills, including ability to manage and develop staff;
- Ability to manage a portfolio of clients;
- Ability to manage complex/problem cases;
- Skills to conduct high quality, predictive and soundly-based business and financial analyses within the deadlines that have been specified, and that draw on obtained/collected data/information without guidance;
- Ability and expertise to immediately identify emerging risks and their impact on the financial standing of individual companies, the segments of the industry or the industry as whole;
- Knowledge and experience in accounting; corporate finance (including leveraged loans and equity financing); debt restructuring; credit analysis; and strategic analysis;
- A thorough understanding of lending facilities and loan documentation;
- An understanding of the travel or aviation sectors is preferred;
- Strong Excel/financial modelling skills, being able to build models from first principles and interpret outputs;
Flexibility - 4 days a week (flexibility on hours), 13 month maternity contract starting in October
Location - Central London
Salary - circa £80K FTE plus bens