Technical Analyst, Customer Experience, Enabling Functions, Open to returners & flexible working
Play a vital role in ensuring our customer’s excellent experience with IT.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in our busy Belfast location as a Technical Analyst. Belfast currently has over 1200 employees split over two locations with a new all-encompassing building on the horizon. Working alongside one other Technical Analyst based in Belfast you will be responsible for numerous aspects of our customer’s experience with IT, primarily the second line software/hardware support. A challenging, fast paced role within the customer experience team with opportunity to learn and develop.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The emphasis of this role is to provide a high-level of customer service to meet the needs of the business and to meet the objectives of the ITS department. The role involves working in a busy and lively office, which at times can be pressurized. The role would ideally suit someone with at least two years’ experience working within a Technical role with good problem solving and excellent people skills. There is an occasional requirement that the successful candidate be willing to travel to other offices within the UK Firm during the working week. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a professional, friendly and approachable manner coupled with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels, even under pressure. They should also have a friendly and polite telephone manner and should be able to work using their own initiative and show attention to detail.
- Reports to Customer Experience & Support Services Supervisor
- Ensuring incidents are updated and customers receive support in a timely manner
- Second line software and hardware support to customers both office based and remote, including proactive advice and training
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction across the business
- Installation, configuration and administration of desktop and laptop PCs & tablets (including Apple MacBook’s), printer hardware, & mobility devices (Apple) remote tools
- Occasional travel to other UK offices to provide holiday/sickness cover
- Emphasis on taking initiative whilst following procedures and working with systems and processes
- Responsible for providing an extremely high-level customer focused On-site support service to all members of the firm
- Event IT Support required onsite/offsite
- Work closely with other departments in IT Services to ensure a quality culture
- To ensure that IT security is kept to a high standard
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Working on a regular shift pattern 08:00-16:00, 09:30-17:30 & 11:00-19:00 Mon-Fri also 09:30-17:30 on Saturday (with a day off in lieu, working approx. 1 every 10 Saturdays). Regional office working hours are 09:00–17:30
Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office/O365, AD, ServiceNow and Skype for Business troubleshooting
- MacBook OS: Mojave & Catalina. JAMF and iOS devices troubleshooting
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Understanding of service management disciplines – incident management, problem management etc.
- Broad technical knowledge of IT infrastructure and how components are inter-connected
- ITIL foundation certification
- Hardware repair experience
- Experience working in a professional services firm
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.