Senior Assistant - open to flexible working and returners
Senior Assistant, CBS IT Business Services, Business Applications, Enabling Functions, Regions
We are looking for an application manager to provide the support wrapper to various business applications and platforms.
The Deloitte UK Business Applications team provide an application management support wrapper to a number of applications and platforms both on-premise, in the cloud and 3rd party hosted – these may be UK wide, NSE wide as well as Europe wide.
We require an application manager who is able to interface with the business and 3rd party vendors and provide cradle to grave management of the applications and platforms. This is a role with scope for upskilling and development. Deloitte’s strategy is cloud first, so there will be an opportunity to be involved in migration work to the cloud.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Working with a dynamic and diverse team in several geo-locations, you will be responsible for ensuring that the business as well as cloud based, off-the-shelf and bespoke application providers have an IT function point of contact for service and technical matters. You will also be providing maintenance and support on several on-premise platforms.
Include specific responsibilities:
- Work closely with our internal Deloitte teams and vendors to provide application management support and assistance this will include*, but is not limited to:
- Troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Ensuring the required focus from all parties associated with the application and driving value for money from all suppliers
- Manage stakeholder’s expectations around your products.
- Arranging downtime for upgrades and releases
- Helping arrange DR tests
- Helping arrange penetration testing
- Organising and hosting regular service review meetings
- Ensuring SLAs and OLAs are recorded and adhered to for each service
- Reporting of KPIs, metrics, and understanding how and when to escalate issues when required
- Building industry knowledge and advising stakeholders on the implications or benefits of alternative solutions.
- Provide input into evaluation, design, and integration during projects
- Engagement with BOPAM team to ensure operational alignment with proffered solutions
- Clear documentation and communication on new applications to ensure continuity of support throughout the BOPAM team
- Provide assistance to the BOPAM Team operating under a best practice, ITIL framework.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
* As you can imagine we support a very wide range of types of Applications and this catalogue is ever changing. As such the weighting of the above activities will vary between Applications and over time. You don’t need to be a master of them all but you do need to be open to a variety of work and keen to adapt over time. Where there are gaps we will help you to fill them.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role can be based anywhere in the UK and working from home is encouraged in the current climate.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time role. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- Experience in business facing interactions to understand their needs and requirements
- Experience of delivering operational services to end users
- Experience of vendor management
- Self-management and organisational management skills
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organisation
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality, error free deliverables
- Strong at building effective relationships
- Analytical, logical, thorough and methodical
- Troubleshooting / Problem management skills
- Basic knowledge of IIS components
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure components
- Basic understanding of SCOM or other systems management tools
- Basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Lotus notes experience
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.