Microsoft 365 Consultant - open to flexible working and returners
Microsoft 365 Consultant, IT Business Applications, Enabling Functions
To champion teams through the adoption and continual improvement of enterprise scale agile practices.
A new software development capability has been created to support Deloitte’s digital agenda. In line with this, delivery methods are evolving from legacy, plan driven approaches to those utilizing lean principles. You will be key to successfully executing the next stage of this transition, working with various technology and business teams to evolve the proposition.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a Microsoft 365 Consultant, you will be pivotal in enabling & utilizing the continuous deployment of Microsoft 365 Evergreen products and features to support the business.
Working with cross functional personnel, you will use your experience to help teams evolve their practices and tailor methodologies to the specific demand and technical topology of the Microsoft 365 products, maximizing business value and enabling wider adoption and transformation of ways of working in the Digital Workplace.
- Working closely with practitioners and vendors to provide technical/application support and assistance for problems related to Microsoft 365, SharePoint and associated solutions
- Provide input into evaluation, design, and integration of new technologies into Microsoft 365 and SharePoint services
- Monitoring and maintaining the performance, availability and security of Microsoft 365 and SharePoint services, with a focus on continuous service improvement
- Providing 3rd line support for Microsoft 365 and SharePoint services, operating under a best practice, Agile framework
- Design solutions based on product backlog and user stories to deliver value to business users & assisting in maintaining documentation, technology compliance standards and governance
- Business community engagement to provide training, drive adoption & advocate most effective use of Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Services in the business
- Responding to service outages which affect Deloitte’s business operation and reputation, including out of hours escalations as part of a 24 x 7 on-call rota
- Ability to solve problems, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to peers, customers and management
- Working with change management, developers, project teams, business teams and vendors to provide guidance and assist in the enhancement of the Microsoft 365 and SharePoint services
- Proactive input into the definition of Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Server technical standards
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Cardiff or Milton Keynes with domestic travel to other sites as required.
Work pattern: Permanent, full time.
Your professional experience
- Although the role is cross functional, the M365 Consultant is required to have detailed domain knowledge in SharePoint support and configuration, ECM principles, Information Architecture, and the bridge between SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server 2013/2016.
- Extensive SharePoint Server 2013/2016/2019 & SharePoint Online experience in a highly regulated enterprise configuration
- At least 3 years' experience in developing/supporting capabilities on SharePoint using industry standard tools, including but not limited to SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Visual Studio & PowerShell.
- Significant experience in service management, proactive monitoring, issue resolution, continuous improvement, and collaboration.
- Microsoft 365 SharePoint Online management, configuration, and governance
- Microsoft 365 Groups configuration, architecture, and support
- Advanced PowerShell configuration and development
- Development, governance, testing and deployment of Power Platform features including PowerApps, Power Automate & Power BI.
- SPFX framework design and development
- Microsoft 365 tenant administration and governance
- Microsoft Graph development and integration
- Content migration including data cleansing, ETL, data mapping and metadata
- Microsoft 365 Security principles including DLP, AIP, eDiscovery, GDPR
- Understanding of UI and UX principles
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.