Sr. Director, Specialty Manufacturing Technology, Open to flexible working
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity, where you will have the chance to make an impact?
As a Sr. Director, Specialty Manufacturing Technology, you will lead all manufacturing and supply chain operations from New Product Introduction (NPI) to supply of finished product for the Specialty manufacturing segment. This role operates as a strategic Tech partner for Biopharms and Steriles Operations in order to improve business performance at optimal cost using technology.
This role will report directly to GSK's SVP, Pharma Supply Chain Tech and be part of the PSC Technology Leadership Team and will have frequent interaction with GSK's Corporate Executive Team.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- The use of intelligent technology to drive efficiency in internal manufacturing processes, processes involving third parties, and improve yield in the Biopharms and Steriles manufacturing processes.
- Leading Biopharms and Steriles Tech production operations at sites and supply chains
- Collaborate with other functions such as Engineering, Technical, R&D, and Quality and their PSC Tech partners to ensure integrated Digital strategy and solutions are provided to meet the changing Specialty business needs
- Collaborate with other Tech partners at the enterprise level including the Vaccines business unit, Global Applications and Development and Global Platforms to ensure an aligned strategy, excellent execution and a flawless operation for all services.
- Strategic direction and ownership of key cross functional technology strategies for Specialty Manufacturing. Develop, build and execute multi-year technology programs ensuring efficient operations and maximizing output for the Specialty manufacturing segment
- Ensure Information Security controls including Cyber Security are implemented for Specialty manufacturing segment
- Ensure stable operations of all technology utilized by the Specialty manufacturing segment.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 10+ years' experience leading technology teams
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Information Technology, or Equivalent
- Experience leading large global diverse teams and cultures
- Experience leading large-scale programs
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's Degree - Business Administration, or Equivalent
- Leadership across a complex matrixed environment
- Experience of building relationships, agreeing and holding external service partners to account
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritization, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organizational transformation.
- Building a resilient organization.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organization and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.