Director, Tech Transformation and Portfolio, Open to flexible working
We would love to have join the team and help us lead though change !!!
As the Director, Tech Transformation and Portfolio you will be responsible for the leadership and delivery of critical and transformational strategies which underpin the core operating model of Pharma Supply Chain tech. You will own the relationship with the Tech Strategy and Performance team, aligning to overall tech strategies to ensure PSC Tech continues to improve its effectiveness and efficiency as an organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead the continuous evolution of organizational design for PSC Tech, and partner with both PSC business and Tech performance & Strategy team to ensure alignment where required globally
- Own PSC Tech objectives and drive quarterly strategic alignment as well as operational performance management through PSC Tech Monthly Performance Reviews (MPR)
- Own PSC Tech strategic supplier management in partnership with procurement, to ensure PSC Tech optimize resourcing model and minimize use of CWs
- Team leadership and direction, ensuring quality, time and scope objectives are met
- Overall project and/or program management of cross functional transformation initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Portfolio Management
- Product Management and Agile processes
- Skills & Capabilities
- Strategic Partnerships
- Culture & Engagement
- Financial and budget management of TT&P team. Ensure financial metrics across PSC Tech are tracked and maintained. Ensure metrics aligned to team objectives including product availability and business value realization
- Partner with TSR and Compliance to lead information security activities in PSC
- Lead continuous improvement program for PSC Tech. Control high levels of parallel activity with significant numbers of internal and external dependencies. Demonstrate ability to negotiate - utilize influence and persuasion to negotiate successful strategy and then delivery of PSC Tech evolution
- Ensure PSC Tech has the appropriate technologies embedded to operate efficiently and effectively
- Deputize for SVP PSC Tech on strategic steerco's for both tech and business as required
- Lead Special / strategic projects - these will vary over time, current examples include Biopharma Op Model implementation, running the Governance Board, setting up and running Strategy Federation.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum 5 years of job-related experience is required in driving or being a key part of large-scale transformational programs and/or similar chief of staff role
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration, or Information Technology
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Recognized ability to deliver under challenging circumstances. Clear competency strengths in overcoming barriers, and challenges in order to maintain quality, cost and time targets.
- Performs broad range of work and complex activities in a wide variety of non-routine context with substantial personal autonomy.
- Possesses expertise and a great deal of experience in business/functional area
- Aligning the objectives and activities of the organization through Strategy Deployment.
- Delivering business strategies and targets through Visual Performance Management.
- Possesses relevant knowledge or competencies to lead diverse and global teams.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritization, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organizational transformation.
- Building a resilient organization.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organization and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.