Senior Manager, R&D Procurement, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
As the Senior Manager, R&D Procurement - Medical you will be responsible for...
....category management (including sourcing and contract management) in the Global Medical R&D Procurement Team. We have 2 vacancies to lead the Evidence Generation or Medical Communications categories. This will include the development and implementation of category strategies; the contracting for master/service agreements within the categories; the management of supplier relationships; and for ensuring the suppliers key to the categories commit to deliver GSK's performance/quality/financial requirements.
The Evidence Generation category aligns to the Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) team in Global Medical and covers fee for Service outsourcing of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Real World Evidence and analytics and Epidemiology. The Medical Communications category covers fee for service outsourcing for the Global Medical Affairs teams.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage and support Global Medical categories
- Complex sourcing and category management role in GSK
- Strategy Development with the Global Medical stakeholders
- Contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance; conducting negotiations across the applicable categories of spend
- Working across multiple countries and business units requiring high cultural awareness
- Establish strong partnerships with the Business Owner(s) and Supplier(s) to understand business challenges and develop simplified, cost-effective resolutions
- Proactively liaise with functional groups to determine scope of category services, suitability of suppliers, competitive bid analysis (RFPs), and identification of areas in which efficiencies can be gained
- Know and utilise complex business processes in all GSK supplier transactions, including all risk / regulatory / compliance requirements
- Implement and support procurement strategies to maximise supplier leverage
- Gaining significant external supplier knowledge
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce non value added work and maximise use of efficient buying channels
- Contribute to the R&D procurement savings targets year on year
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 13th April 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Business, Finance, Life Sciences (or equivalent)
- Significant experience in procurement category management
- Knowledge and experience of Medical Affairs (inc. the regulated R&D environment) required for Evidence Generation Category support and/or Marketing and Sales procurement background required for Medical Communications Category
- Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
- Creation, implementation and management of category strategy and effective buying channels
- English proficiency (written and oral), other language will be a plus
- Leadership/communication skills
- Strong ability to Influence and negotiate with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of savings methodology and strategy experience
- Minimum 7-10 years procurement category management experience
- Pricing, supplier contracts, RFPs, Competitive Bidding and/or FMV analysis experience
- Experience of procurement lifecycle management systems such as Ariba Sourcing, Contracts and Guided Buying (or equivalent)
- Experience of effective Supplier Relationship Management
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.