Strategic Insights - Researcher, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the role
Here are some things you can expect from this the researcher role
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of research across the firm coming into the team and support the management of our portfolio of research databases.
- Working alongside the Workflow Manager and research team, you will manage deliverables for a key sector or service line with in the firm. This will involve scoping the requests and ensuring delivery, working with an outsourced research partner or undertaking the work directly
- Working alongside the Resources Manager on the assessment, procurement and rollout of electronic sources, data feeds and knowledge solutions to support the firm's delivery of its strategy
- The role will also include supporting Strategic Insights on its profile raising and knowledge management objectives, actively sharing knowledge and effectively uses knowledge systems available in the firm, such as the social business platform and intranet, monitoring our shared inbox, responding to enquiries and updating our sites.
- Be a part of a team. The Strategic Insights team seeks to add value to our clients through delivering actionable insight, enabling data driven decisions and developing analytic products/partnerships. Deliverables are closely aligned to the pillars of the firm strategy, sectors, as well as our service lines. We are part of Marketing and Business Development.
- Take responsibility. There will also be responsibility for managing deliverables for a key sector or service line with in the firm, building relationships with stakeholders and delivering insight to support their go to market strategy.
- You will have ownership of your role and manage your own workload.
- The successful candidate will be skilled in using a wide selection of research databases, Microsoft Office applications and building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Build your brand. Strategic Insights provides services our internal and external markets through three distinct channels.
- Bespoke insight and analytics - delivering bespoke projects utilising our extensive range of databases and sector experience to internal and external clients
- Insight Platforms and regular insight – providing market and industry insight to our internal customers through our Insight matters platform and automated and regular deliverables
- Delivering research to the firm – working with our outsourced research partner and internal team to deliver a research product catalogue to support business development and engaged client work.
The minimum criteria
- Educated to Degree level with an Information qualification or substantial experience
- Solid understanding of how a professional services firm operates and its strategic objectives.
- Sound business experience preferably gained within a professional services environment
- Good project management and organisational skills and sound commercial awareness
- Excellent time management, with the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Experience of identifying client needs, proposing solutions and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Proven experience of building and managing relationships with stakeholders and vendors
- Strong communication (verbal and written)
- An ability to manage competing demands and multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent team player who is committed to ensuring the success of research services in the firm.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Experience of outsourced research relationship management and service delivery
- Good working knowledge of core research databases such as FAME, Zephyr, Refinitiv, Lexis Nexis, Mergermarket
- Knowledge of Financial Services Research
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
Leadership: We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
Excellence: We are passionate about exceeding expectation and delivering high quality work. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.