PA/Business Development Executive, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Relationship Development Executive role.
The primary objective of the role is to facilitate the expansion of Grant Thornton's profile in the financial services market, with a focus on developing senior-level, c –suite relationships, buyers and influencers.
The desired candidate should be confident, articulate and a strong communicator (both orally and in writing). Experience of business development is not a pre-requisite, but you must have the ability to learn quickly, take initiative and be driven to develop a career in business generation.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You’ll contact prospective key account FS clients and expand contact within the business, ensuring you achieve a minimum of 4 meetings per week – c.200 per annum. The support required will not only be focused on expansion of relationships across the financial services market but the ability to mine existing relationships to ensure the introduction of Advisory, Assurance and/or Tax based solutions, as appropriate to the clients' needs. You’ll coordinate research relevant to new opportunities and monitoring all relevant PR and news stories. You’ll develop credential packs, sales materials and plan for meetings as well as identifying appropriate internal service lines etc. to support meetings.
- Be a part of a team. This role will report to and work closely with a Key Account Direct and will be expected to assist the Financial Service Group (FSG) Key Account team.
- Take responsibility. In more detail you will work with the Key Account team (Key account Directors (KAD’s) in:
- Ensuring you are proactive and self-starting in making contact and setting meetings at target clients. Expected frequency at a minimum of c. 4 new meetings per week.
- Following up new business opportunities and assisting the KADs in establishing client interface.
- Expanding touch points at prospective clients and assisting KADs in developing relationships at senior level
- Continually developing an in-depth understanding of the Grant Thornton internal network in terms of key market trends, thought leadership, solutions and recent success stories.
- Build your brand. This role offers exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge and skillset.
The minimum criteria
- Graduate or equivalent experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to learn quickly and to take initiative
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Your energy, enthusiasm and tenacity that lead you to strive to exceed targets.
- A genuine determination to succeed and an interest in developing a career in sales, business development and client relationships.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to track work, ensure work is progressed and demonstrate progress being made.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.