Solicitor, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
This role will involve working on a wide range of claims, problems and projects. Here are some things that you would expect to be doing in it.
Advise on a wide variety of contentious and some non-contentious risk issues that arise in the delivery of professional services across the areas of assurance, tax and advisory in which the firm operates, including but not limited to:
- professional liability
- regulatory issues
- reputational issues
- professional contracts and engagements
- professional indemnity insurance
- litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- diverse risk-management issues
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of clients
The minimum criteria
You will be a qualified solicitor with anything up to 4 years’ experience.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- substantive experience of dispute resolution and procedure;
- a good working knowledge of professional liability law;
- understanding of professional services risk-management issues;
- a pragmatic and commercial approach;
- a self-starting attitude and the ability to manage conflicting demands
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;;
- an ability to influence decision-making;
- a well-developed sense of judgment;
- strong team and people management skills and a cooperative nature; and
- good organisational skills - project management, planning and time management.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.