UK Capability Partner Oncology & Speciality, Open to flexible working
An expert capability partner aligned to the Speciality and Oncology Business Unit leadership teams with the purpose of building and leading the delivery of a high-quality commercial capability plan, aligned with the Business unit operational plan. The Speciality and Oncology Capability Partner will use internal and external resources to ensure the planning, delivery and embedding of high-quality capability interventions across Key Account Management, marketing and general capability needs within the Business Units. This role will have a specific focus on Account Management Excellence, across prioritised roles in the UK Pharma business.
- Operating as a Capability Partner to the Specialty and Oncology commercial leadership teams, proactively create and deliver a capability programme ensuring interventions are in line with the Business Unit strategy and are measurable in terms of impact
- Joint ownership with the BU Directors of the capability plan for Specialty and Oncology to include focus on Technical, Business, Leadership and Governance & Compliance skills as appropriate and in line with 70:20:10 learning principles
- Accountable for delivering account management excellence across all relevant UK Pharma account management teams, identifying short, medium and long-term roadmap and measures to determine progress against plan.
- Drive excellence in core sales and marketing skills by looking to leading examples within and outside of the Pharma sector
- Accountable for building and maintaining a working knowledge of the therapy areas, the medicines GSK and competitors have on the market/in the pipeline to ensure continued value is added to the aligned BU Lead Team
- Drive use of standard capability offerings such as Call Quality Assessment templates, Global myLearning team and the Third Party Learning Services (TPLS) team, for sourcing resources to deliver internal training
- Engagement with internal resources and third-party suppliers to deliver the best possible learning experience in line with the capability plan. This will include but is not limited to medical, marketing, sales and support functions
- Work closely with the UK Pharma Selling Excellence Trainers and Marketing Excellence Manager to ensure capability, training and learning interventions are planned and balanced across the different Business Units and can be delivered against a competitive but realistic capability plan
- Act as UK Pharma liaison with EU and Global capability teams to ensure the UK Pharma business is aligned with capability expectations and primed for new/annually repeated initiatives through 'air traffic control' of global and local interventions
- Work with Business Unit, Marketing Excellence Manager and Selling Excellence Trainers to ensure training curricula for relevant roles are in place, up to date and owned by BU leaders
- Experience in Key Account Management and the capability to deliver account management coaching excellence through others
- Proven ability to set direction, inspire and lead others across the business. This is required in order to gain senior endorsement for recommended strategic approaches and drive organizational alignment and commitment to implement the agreed approach
- Ability to quickly build relationships with key stakeholders, including at UKLT and European/Global level
- Experience in influencing up to Vice President level within the Local Operating Company
- Familiarity with adult learning principles
- Experience of project and programme management, managing multiple projects concurrently
- Leadership of projects across a matrix team
- Ability to define and shape best practice through looking both internally and externally to GSK
- Proven ability to use multiple inputs to define strategy and create/deliver solutions to drive improvement in performance
- Broad knowledge of 3rd party suppliers and when to engage with them.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.