Biopharm Drug Discovery Team lead, Open to flexible working
Antibody Pharmacology at GSK comprises a team of 20+ assay scientists, immunologists and biologists who conduct functional assay design, screening and characterisation of potential antibody-based drug molecules. The team is an integral part of the Biopharmaceutical Molecular Discovery organisation that is responsible for the discovery of candidate biologics across several Therapeutic Areas including Immuno-oncology, Immuno-Inflammation and Infectious Diseases.
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader with a laboratory research background in immunology. The incumbent will lead a small team of scientists in designing, validating, and performing various in vitro immunological and biological assays in the drug discovery processes. The incumbent will be expected to act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in immune cell functions and be accountable for leading a team in optimizing standard assays and developing bespoke new functional assays which producing critical decision-making data for Biopharm discovery. Expertise in infectious disease biology will be a significant advantage.
- Lead, manage, and develop a small team of scientists to develop assay capabilities in screening and profiling antibodies
- Demonstrate scientific leadership through acting as a Subject Matter Expert in Immunology, especially with an emphasis in infectious disease area; Stay abreast of the latest literature and developments in the field; Be accountable for establishing the most suitable in vitro functional assays that enable the selection of potential therapeutics
- Depending on past experiences, may contribute to Drug Discovery Project Team as Programme Lead or Line Function Lead. Contribute to cross-function project teams by providing leadership in complex biological assay development and the elucidation of MoAs
- When suitable, participate in relevant technology projects that optimise/modernise the antibody drug discovery process
- Publish and present both internally and externally
- Phd or equivalent in relevant subject, immunology or infectious disease preferred
- 8+ years post graduate experience in laboratory research and with a track record of achievement (publications, patents, career progression)
- Deep knowledge and past hands-on experiences in various laboratory techniques related to immune cell functions
- Proven track record in identifying and implementing new lab technologies/research initiatives
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated management skills, experience in managing people in a lab setting
- Effective team player with excellent people and communication skills
- Drug discovery experience in Immune related diseases or infectious diseases is highly desirable
- Experience and knowledge in antibody based-drug discovery
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.