Data Scientist, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Are you a data scientist looking to make a difference? Can you use a variety of machine learning and analytical techniques to influence decision making? Are you ready to help people do more, feel better and live longer? If so, read on and find out how you can add value to patients and consumers at GSK!
We have a great opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our small but effective team at GSK House in Brentford.
Your mission will be to provide analytical consultancy to enhance the performance of the GSK UK Pharma sales and marketing organisation through delivering impactful analytical insights and recommendations. You will use and develop your machine learning, statistical and analytical skills, along with your commercial acumen, to ensure UK Pharma is making optimal decisions based on a mix of rigorous analysis and directional insight. The types of analysis you may undertake include predictive modelling, impact and ROI analyses, time series forecasting, A/B testing, segmentation and targeting of customers, marketing mix modelling, sales force optimisation and territory design.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Extract, collate and organise data for analysis
- Use a variety of machine learning and statistical analytical techniques to gain insight into our data
- Influence the decisions taken by commercial managers through robust and well interpreted analyses
- Proactively identify opportunities where analytical insight may improve company performance
- Continually learn new analytical skills, techniques and tools to maximise competitive advantage
- Foster strong relationships with internal customers, directorate peers and offshore colleagues
You are likely to have hands on data science experience within one or more blue chip multinational organisations where change is complex and fast-moving. You will be unafraid to communicate with senior stakeholders and be proactive in your approach; creating a positive impact to the business and to the strong reputation of the team.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Creative problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to producing work of the highest quality
- Experience in applying machine learning (supervised and unsupervised) and statistical modelling techniques to address business problems
- Ability to translate outputs of data analyses into commercial knowledge and understanding, and use that to make actionable recommendations
- Strong data handling skills using SQL
- Practical experience in statistical programming using Python, R, SAS, or similar
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly present detailed analyses to non-analytical audiences
- Self-motivated and capable of working cross functionally
- Keen to learn and continuously improve
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- BSc/MSc/PhD in a quantitative field
- Experience in an analytical role in the pharma industry
- Experience using Spark and/or Databricks
- Experience working on a cloud platform (e.g. Azure)
- Experience of spatial analysis using a geographic information system
- Experience of project management (e.g. Lean Six Sigma)
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 18th April, 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about youare being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.