External Reporting Manager, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
Are you an experienced external reporting manager with a proven background in managing the planning, preparation and publication of quarterly and annual reports? If so, read on...
GSK have a new role a new role for an External Reporting Manager on a a full time permanent basis.
As an External Reporting Manager your role ultimately involves managing the planning, the accurate and timely preparation and publication of the quarterly Press Releases and Annual Report for the Group, and subsequent filing with both the UK and US regulators.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Quarterly Press Releases
- Liaising closely with the Corporate reporting team to ensure the Press release document is accurately compiled with the correct financial data, as detailed in the supporting documentation.
- Obtain supplementary financial and narrative input in a timely manner from other relevant business departments as required.
- Agree timing of review process with external auditors and respond to all auditor comments as necessary.
- Preparation of quarterly parent company management accounts from the company submission, to support the external dividends paid by the GSK group. This will include calculating the appropriate statutory adjustments each quarter.
- Responsible for preparing a US dollar version of the main summary pages of the Press Release for uploading onto the main external website.
- Act as the key financial contact for the day to day management and production of the Annual Report.
- Liaise with other departments, primarily Communications and Secretariat, to ensure the process is planned to ensure all content is completed and available for review and for Board circulation in a timely manner.
- Provide the external auditors with a draft Report prior to year-end close for their technical review to confirm additional disclosure requirements based on new or revised IFRSs and other changes in regulatory requirements.
- Management of one resource during the annual report cycle.
- Arrange for all necessary internal and external reviews of the Report to be undertaken, and ensure all required changes are made to the document. These reviews will include, but not limited to, external auditors, internal and external legal teams, patent teams, together with senior management.
- Liaise with Corporate Secretariat to ensure all necessary financial information is provided for the 20-F filing of the Report with the US regulators.
- Managing the relationship with the external resource that creates the XBRL file required for the US filing each year. This will also involve planning a process for the review of the 'tags' selected by the external resource for inclusion in the file.
- Ensure a process is in place to meet the new ESMA guidelines in respect of the future UK digital filing requirements.
- Leading and delivering process improvements to produce the quarterly announcements and the annual reporting cycle.
- Provide ad-hoc pension accounting advice to local markets as required.
- Liaise with our group actuaries during the quarterly and annual reporting cycles.
- Agree with our group actuary, the scope of additional disclosure information required to meet the pension reporting requirements in the Annual Report.
- Providing finance support to Corporate Treasury on bond issues and any other regulatory filing requirements relating to existing bond programmes.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or equivalent chartered accountant qualification with proven post-qualification experience.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of IFRS standards, as well as experience of statutory reporting and annual report preparation.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with different stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Experience of filing 20F and knowledge of SEC reporting requirements desirable
- Excellent leadership capability to manage people and processes
- Innovative thinking to drive changes and process improvements
- Ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment
Closing date - Friday 16th April 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer .Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about youare being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.