Senior EHS Advisor, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
GSK have a challenging and inspiring mission: to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
As a Senior EHS advisor you will be responsible for providing independent and objective Occupational Hygiene (OH) expertise, support, training, advice and guidance to K Block Operations and support functions to enable them to effectively manage OH in their business areas.
You will promote, monitor and encourage the highest levels of OH and wider EHS performance to ensure compliance with legal requirements, site standards and GSK standards. The role includes all aspects of EHS including Occupational Hygiene, Occupational Safety and Environmental Management.
The successful candidate will act as EHS Lead deputy on site for up to 50% of work time (The EHS Lead will be managing EHS in 2 geographically distinct locations therefore will not always be present on site).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide specialist advice & leadership in Occupational Hygiene (OH) aspects of EHS.
- Provide OH monitoring support where required using appropriate OH techniques and interpret results to determine action plans.
- Manage 3rd party OH monitoring contractor, critically review associated reports, challenge results and cooperate to produce effective improvement plans
- Devise, manage and drive progressive OH Improvement Plan to achieve appropriate OH Maturity model milestones in a timely manner
- Provide OH capability build and coaching to staff and leaders
- Provide general EHS advice, leadership, coaching, support and guidance to site staff and leaders including audit, risk assessment, regulatory advice & Liaison, training, continuous improvement and incident/near miss investigation
- Active participation in Business Unit EHS Management, accountability meetings.
- Provide advice & input into development of ZSC EHS Management System, EHS Strategy & Plans and EHS Improvements.
- Act as Deputy in EHS Lead absence
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 19th April
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
- British Occupational Hygiene Society Certificate (or equivalent) Or NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- an excellent understanding of risk assessment techniques
- excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- ability to partner, work with and influence a broad range of staff and management
- good problem-solving skills flexibility with an ability to manage own workload in a busy, rapidly changing environment
- exhibit the mindset and behaviours to effectively work and continuously improve in an independent EHS role
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.