National Account Relationship Manager, Open to flexible working
Are you an experienced manager with a proven background in leading national field teams, delivering increased market share, driving volume consumption and professional endorsement of a brand portfolio? If so, read on...
GSK have a new role for a National Account Relationship Manager on a full-time permanent basis.
This role sits within the National 'Expert Sales' Field Team, within the Expert (Healthcare Professional) Marketing Function. By working closely with Field Team Manager your role is therefore instrumental in leading the national field team to deliver increased market share, share of recommendation, driving volume consumption and professional endorsement of our brand portfolio within the Expert Sales Channel.
As a National Account Relationship Manager, your role will be to lead and develop a team of Account Relationship Managers.
This regional field-based team of Account Relationship Managers is responsible for establishing and maintaining strong relationships with corporate partners, professional bodies and dental schools and through that driving Healthcare Professional (HCP) awareness, advocacy and recommendation of GSK Consumer Healthcare's key power brands to their patients.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Leadership & Coaching:
- Developing High Performing Team of Account Relationship Managers and leading the team to deliver objectives and healthcare learning outcomes.
- Good at problem solving with a solution based 'can do' approach to issue management and conflict.
- Understands and demonstrates good time management practice alongside with personal effectiveness skills with an ability to champion and coach that skill across the immediate and extended team.
- Strong sense of urgency, clearly accountable for achievements of self & others by demonstrating the high performing behaviour of 'enabling and driving change'.
- Demonstrate leadership and in-depth knowledge of how team members execute HCP education and endorsement, display, merchandising, product launches and distribution.
- Ensuring compliance with SOPs and addressing any learning requirements across the field team
- Talent planning, performance management and mentoring.
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture alongside with championing best in class ways of working of remote team.
- Striving to be a talent magnet to GSK Consumer Healthcare business with proactively taking charge of own development and supporting development of others.
- Strategic Planning:
- Overall accountability for maintaining high level account management of corporate and professional body relationships through the team of Account Relationship Managers.
- To appropriately prioritise and enable effective targeting and segmentation of customers via effective partnership management and resource planning.
- Effective work and collaboration with Field Team Manager and key internal stakeholders including Expert and Sales team to help shape and deliver future Expert Marketing and Sales strategy.
- Overall accountability for Field Team capacity planning, ensuring effective and planned delivery of hybrid Dental & Pharmacy Field Team priorities in line with brand plans, partnerships and industry events exposure.
- Influencing & Collaboration:
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively communicate direction of strategy and campaign activities to all team members and ensure excellent execution of these with the region and beyond. This involves a close collaboration with the Field Team Manager in order to effectively plan capacity and resources across the national field team.
- Contribution to cross functional group and project work, alongside with championing Expert Roles within the business and outside.
- Engage the wider business and multifunctional team in creation and delivery of assets that amplify the impact of the field team.
- Seeing solutions to barriers of remote engagement and working closely with digital to continuously improve the platforms of engagement.
- Commercial Acumen and Budget Accountability:
- Budget Accountability - deliver all targets to budget, proactively monitor and track team spend. Work with Field Team Manager to deliver year to total team agreed budget and KPIs as well as high return on investment.
- Management of corporate commercial agreements including contract creation and delivering to its objectives.
- Taking leadership for the delivery of all core performance objectives, metrics, and targets via effective empowerment of individuals within the team.
- To be able to analyse complex data and other territory and account (customer) information & course correct as appropriate to hit and exceed team KPI targets including individual and team forecast.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Track record of effective teamwork and ability to foster High Performing Teams, through line management experience of large team.
- Experience of developing and managing key accounts/customers.
- Commercial ability to manage budgets and return on investment for regional team.
- Fluent in interpreting data and insights alongside with flawless communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of effective targeting and segmentation of customers.
- Driver's licence and the ability and desire to work and travel as appropriate in a field-based, customer facing environment as well as fluency in remote ways of engagement.
- Excellent leadership capability to manage people and processes
- Innovative thinking to drive changes and process improvements
- Ability to work in a complex and multi-cultural environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK Healthcare (Dental and Pharmacy) environment.
- Good knowledge of GSK therapeutic oral care and healthcare brands and the science behind them.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 23rd April 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you are being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.