Legal Consultant - Senior Manager - 4-5 days per week
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work flexibly.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you flexibility.
- We are able to offer this role on 4 days a week
- Base office in London
Upon joining the firm you will have access to various training to give you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from a programme specifically designed to support flexible workers integrate into the firm and introduce you to other people across our networks.
An opportunity has arisen to join our law department transformation team based in London.
This team focuses on helping large in-house legal teams to improve their performance by making changes to their strategy, organisation and operating models, and business processes. In doing so, it helps clients identify the capabilities that will support future growth, free up funds to invest in that growth, and develop the new law business. You will develop strong relationships with the business and its external suppliers to make changes sustainable.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the following in the context of a client facing environment:
- legal strategy and vision creation and implementation
- the key legal technologies on the market and implementing tech-enabled legal support solutions
- SG&A functional transformation and operational excellence
- target operating model and organisation design assessment and redesign
- business analysis - analysing activities and baseline costs data to spot trends and patterns
- an ability to translate the needs of the business into legal requirements
- external provider strategy and planning, covering law firms as well as legal process outsourcing.
- financial modelling - business case development
- creating client facing presentations and data visualisation
- structuring and conducting stakeholder interviews
- creating and developing simple and efficient processes and workflows
- understanding of professional services and outsourcing procurement strategy and planning
- translating the needs of the business into functional requirements
- project management
- shaping programmes of work and leading delivery of client outcomes
- managing stakeholders and sensitive organisation wide communications, and change management
- coaching and managing engagement teams with a multi-disciplinary skill set
- coaching and mentoring junior team members
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude - ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration
- strong financial acumen
- advanced excel and powerpoint skills
- a keen ability to learn in a fast moving, innovative and technology enabled environment and a desire to be part of the movement to modernise the in-house delivery of legal services and advance the practice of New Law Services.
- resilience, self-motivation and a positive can do attitude
- primarily a team player but able to work under own initiative
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.