BRS Procurement - Senior Manager-Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- We are open to flexible contracts
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
Our Business Restructuring Services (BRS) practice is the largest restructuring practice in the UK operating from 23 offices. We offer restructuring situational skills with functional expertise (business planning, cost reduction, cash and change management) and industry experience to our clients, helping them develop sustainable solutions.
About the team
Our procurement specialists sit within our broader Operational Restructuring team. We work closely with our clients to develop sustainable solutions to free up cash from our client’s balance sheets. Our skills and knowledge are applied and gradually transferred to improve working capital management, leaving clients with sustainable performance improvement.
About the role
You will be working with clients on operational restructuring, cost reduction and working capital improvements, focused primarily on cost based transformation and sustainable performance improvement in the supply chain. Your work will include
- Helping client management develop and implement a turnaround or transformation programme
- Leading projects and people across multiple geographies, business lines and functions.
- Helping clients reduce costs quickly from their supply chains and optimising the effectiveness of their procurement/supply chain operations
- Understanding key business processes around indirect cost management including Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Purchase to Pay and Supplier Risk and Relationship management
- Bringing to bear procurement and supply chain expertise and a demonstrable understanding of the challenges facing our clients across a range of categories of indirect spend eg Technology, Facilities, Marketing, Labour, Travel etc
- Assimilating complex information to formulate structured, pragmatic and meaningful client recommendations using Specification, Price, Efficiency, Innovation and Demand management levers
- Helping partners and directors with business development activities
You will also be expected to take an active part in our team’s development and will typically
- Contribute to the teams marketing efforts (both internal and external
- Become an active counsellor, coach and role model to junior team members
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience in leading cost-based transformation in procurement, commercial sourcing, or working capital gained either from large multinationals or consulting/advisory roles
- Experience in projects to improve indirect procurement, strategic sourcing, category management procure to pay or general working capital optimisation
- Good end to end understanding of the flows of goods/services, information and value flows and how internal functions and external stakeholders cooperate to improve leverage.
- Sound financial analysis skills including ideally the use/potential of advanced analytics tools such as Alteryx and Tableau to assimilate and draw insights from complex 3rd party spend data
- Business adoption (not systems configuration) of next generation sourcing and purchase to pay tools.
- Sound commercial awareness and business analysis skills
- Experience of leading, developing and coaching teams
- Experience of programme management
You’ll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skill set further within one of the world’s leading professional organisations.
With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place
- Our team provides organisations with pragmatic solutions for operational restructuring and resource management for a swift recovery and sustained future success. You’ll work on performing short term cash flow reviews, advising on capital management, and assisting with stakeholder negotiations and restructuring methodologies.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.