Digital Audit - Senior Associate, 4-5 days per week
Quality is at the heart of what we do. Combining passionate people with leading technology, we work together to build trust in society. We put the team first and solve important problems by challenging the organisations we audit and being open to challenge ourselves. We take pride in our work and the profession, recognising audit as a deep specialism.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We’re growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Please note, this advertisement is for roles starting in September 2021.This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- During busy season (October - February) you would need to work a minimum of 4 days a week
- The rest of the year is open to flexibility, whether that be taking the time off or working reduced days
- We have roles in a variety of locations across the UK
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
About Digital Audit
Digital Audit is a specialist team within our Audit practice that combines a mix of technology, data, business and accounting expertise to how we audit clients across all industries. There are two sides to Digital Audit which include; using our latest tools to help digitise the way we deliver audits through automation, AI, data analytics and innovation - known as Digital Auditing. The other side is Auditing Digital which involves auditing our client’s technology to give them assurance that security and controls are in place. This includes infrastructure, Cloud, and applications.
As part of the team you'll have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, industries and technologies and you'll develop the business skills, knowledge and relationships you need to build a career that’s more than just numbers. We’re constantly investing in audit technology and the skills of our people to keep up with the rapid pace of change and to deliver trust that is deeper, broader and more forward-looking.
As a Senior Associate you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas
- Delegating to others to provide stretch opportunities and coaching to help deliver results
- Developing new ideas and proposing innovative solutions to problems
- Using a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the business area
- Reviewing your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance
- Sharing relevant thought leadership
- Using straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others
- Ability to read situations and modify behaviour to build quality, diverse relationships
- Upholding the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
- Delivering complex technology audits
- Proactively assisting in the management of several clients and teams;
- Training, coaching and leading junior staff;
- Establishing effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contributing to the development of your own and your team's technical acumen
Essential Skills and Experience
- The ability to work effectively in a team, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
- Experienced in coaching junior staff
- Experience in evaluating technology that supports financial & operational systems and related business processes;
- External auditing experience, including evaluating controls over financial and/or IT/operational processes;
- Experience in managing junior colleagues and an interest in developing others;
- Experience in working in complex environments;
- Experience in the financial services sector is preferable (Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance or Asset and Wealth Management);
- Project management and analytical skills;
Preferable experience and qualifications
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent)
- Or part Qualified and working towards your full CA / ACA / ACCA / ICAS (or equivalent) qualification
- Or have equivalent work experience in Audit (you’re an international candidate who technically qualifies in your home country by experience)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent;
- Specialist system experience (i.e. SAP, Oracle, SQL, Python).
London, Birmingham, Manchester, Reading or Watford.
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.