Oncology Pipeline Project Manager, Open to flexible working
In this position within Pipeline Project and Resource Management (PPRM), the Oncology Pipeline Project Manager will be responsible for the integration of strategy into the global development plan and provide operational leadership to the drug development team by working with functional and therapeutic area partners, team representatives, and possibly another PPRM Project Manager to deliver robust, fit for purpose plans. Additionally, you will monitor and control the execution of the plans through their lifecycle while identifying and communicating issues and risks and developing mitigation plans.
The Oncology Pipeline PPRM Project Manager will support the planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting of activities and milestones of the drug development programs. S/he will also provide scenario planning to support robust decision making through in-depth analysis of program activities.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Project Plan Preparation, Management, Maintenance, Monitoring, and Alignment
- Accountable to and works with the Project Leader, Project Team, and the lead PPRM Project Manager to translate the strategy into a robust, competitive development plan of key cross-functional program related activities and milestones with clear go/no go decision points and associated milestones including critical path and sub-functional plans
- Defines opportunities for acceleration and manages the assumptions regarding human resources, costs, risk, schedule required to accomplish certain gains in time to next milestone
- Proactively identifies and escalates business issues and considers options to manage implications and risks on project timelines, budgets and goals.
- Monitors progress against approved project plans noting deviations and suggesting corrective actions
- Integrates activities with all functional lines to create alignment of program development plans with functional area plans
- Ensures source systems reflect the current project plan assumptions to enable integrated planning across the organization and tracks performance against baseline and current plan
Governance and Decision- Making Preparation
- Assists in preparation of documents including detailed reports, timelines, and slide decks for key governance meetings including meetings to decide on milestones and decision points
- Assists in preparing strategic scenario analyses to achieve time or resource advantages
- Identifies and manages project budget and resource requirements and anticipated variability (people, time, cost, risk) and works with Project Leader to ensure estimates are accurate, gaps are addressed, and progress tracked.
- Designs and develops schedule and views, and adheres to business rules
- Provides operational leadership of project team either alone or in partnership with the lead PPRM Project Manager by overseeing strategy execution
- May manage program-level team or subteam meetings
- Ensures effective team function including team meetings have structure and purpose including agendas and pre-work,
- Documents clear decisions/actions (minutes) that are communicated to team members and stakeholders
- Identifies resource requirements and suggests ways to fill gaps within matrix teams
- Integrates compliance requirements into team operations
- Takes action to maintain effective dynamics and creating optimal team performance
- Utilizes effective communication skills to facilitate appropriate information exchange between Functional Lines, Development Program Leader, Core Teams and senior management
- Ensures project information is quickly communicated to the appropriate stakeholders, in an agreed medium, sequence and in compliance with approved standards
- Continuously enhances personal understanding and application of program management tools and methodologies in the pharmaceutical industry and other industries
- Participates in process improvement initiatives and brings in external perspective and industry standard practices
- Performs project data analyses and reporting, as needed
- Conducts periodic health checks to ensure quality of project planning and control.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum 5 years pharmaceutical R&D or related industry experience
- Basic knowledge of multi-disciplinary bio/pharmaceutical drug development required
- Exceptional computer proficiency - advanced knowledge of and experience with MS-Office applications (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and EQ
- Undergraduate degree / advanced degree in life science or business
- Direct experience in bio/pharmaceutical Program Planning
- PMP certification
- Strong experience with Planisware and/or MS Project
- Background in risk, budget and resource management
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and stakeholders with competing priorities.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.