Sustainable Finance ESG - Manager, Open to flexible working
EY is looking for people to join our Sustainable Finance team within of CFO Advisory Services practice, helping clients to respond to issues across the Sustainable Finance agenda – including Responsible Investment, ESG integration, Green bonds, ESG strategy, climate change risk assessment, ESG regulation alongside strategy, program and risk management, measurement and valuation, and assurance related skills.
We are at the forefront of current trends in Sustainable Finance and engage with client staff at all levels to provide insight into these developments. We want candidates who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop and grow our dynamic sustainable finance practice that is focused on making a difference for our clients as they navigate this agenda.
Although we welcome applicants with a variety of backgrounds and experiences in the field of sustainable finance, we are particularly interested in candidates who can demonstrate knowledge in the areas of Responsible Investment, ESG research, climate risk modelling, SDG impact measurement, Equator Principles, measuring and reporting long-term value.
If you are interested in being part of a growing team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, we want to hear from you:
Advise EY's clients on sustainable finance related services.
- Maintain a strong client focus across multiple client engagement teams, sharing responsibility, providing support and coaching to junior team members, developing relationships, and maintaining communication with senior team members.
- Drive sustainable finance advisory and assurance activities; evaluate and test processes and related controls; participate in client meetings and prepare reports.
- Contribute to new business development by highlighting potential opportunities for new engagements and responding to tenders. Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY's services.
- Gather, analyse, and distribute information regarding developments in sustainability to our clients and our practice.
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters.
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships and delivering consistently high quality work products.
- Building and maintaining strong external networks within the industry
Experience and Qualifications
- Significant climate change/ responsible investment experience within a consulting environment or investment firm and across a wide range of sectors
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends and how they link to business values
- Management experience within a sustainability team
- Experience of sustainability risk assessment
- Strong commercial skills, an entrepreneurial mind set, and good understanding of business processes.
- Familiarity with the emerging regulatory and legislative ESG/ climate change agenda
- Strong technical analytical skills.
- Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.