Area Respiratory Category Marketing Director, Open to flexibility
Area Respiratory Category Marketing Director, Open to flexibility
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Strategic thinking – Proven ability to set out a long term strategy for multiple categories and brands and, through the 3 year planning process, develop plans to execute them, delivering brand sales, share and profit growth and overall retailer category growth.
- Brand building – Extensive experience in building brand equity and delivering brand share growth in competitive categories in developed markets. Technical skills include: Agency management, consumer insights development, integrated connections and media planning, the ability to assess creative work.
- Innovation – Experience in developing and launching new products end to end (breakthrough and sustaining innovations, including claims) to drive brand differentiation in the market. Personal drive to move fast through the innovation process and be first to market.
- Commercial knowledge– Strong demonstration of performance delivery, evaluation and management, working the end to end P&L levers on different categorisations of brands (e.g Power, Core & Commercial brands playing in different channels) and A&P planning and deployment.
- Team leadership – Must have had experience managing a large span of multiple direct reports plus indirect reports, as well as experience leading across a matrix and providing direction to remotely located brand managers.
- Collaborative working – Proven ability to influence across the matrix at both peer and senior levels, including strong communication, networking, collaboration and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships of trust within the business, including with the global category team, the teams in the other Northern European markets, in many other functions across the business and with the NE GMs
- Ability to prioritise and manage a large and varied workload. The role has responsibility for many different brands across the individual categories within Respiratory and for consumer, shopper and expert, so experience of each of these disciplines is an advantage.
- Experience working in a regulated environment – the portfolio covers Rx, P, GSL and cosmetic products and knowledge of the processes required for licencing across markets is essential.
- Demonstration and delivery of the key High Performance Team behaviours, including high personal and team accountability, ambition, openness and honesty and the energy and drive to move fast and to help the NE organisation move faster and get things done more easily.
- Ability to work across functions, cultures and geographically dispersed teams. The role requires fluency in English and an appreciation of the cultural diversity across Northern Europe (10 countries, multiple languages.) As this role also interacts with many others in global functions based in locations and sites across the world, sensitivity to cultural differences is essential.
You will lead the Respiratory category across GSK Consumer Healthcare Northern Europe. The total portfolio of brands within Respiratory includes Otrivin, Nicotinell, Nurses, Beechams and Piri. Northern Europe is comprised of 10 markets,(GB, Ireland, the Benelux and Nordic Markets.) This role is accountable and responsible for the category and brand strategy, brand building and commercial delivery in GB as well as across Northern Europe.
This role leads a team currently based in GB and Sweden and also has responsibility across the matrix for the teams leading the local activation and delivery on Respiratory brands in Ireland, Benelux and Nordics. This role must secure a strong innovation pipeline and first class consumer, shopper and expert toolkits from the four global category teams within the Respiratory category, which are fully fit for purpose across the 10 NE markets, enabling us to build Nurses, Beechams, Piri, Nicotinell and Otrivin into category defining brands our consumers love and to win in the market and beat the competition.
- Build and lead the delivery of the overall brand building growth strategy for the Respiratory Category and for the specific Power, Core and Commercial brands within the category in the Northern Europe Area.
- Build the 3 year financial plan and subsequently to deliver the planned sales, share, profit and gross margin for the Respiratory category in GB and for the Northern Europe Area.
- Build a Respiratory marketing team (GB and Northern Europe) where individuals and team perform at the highest level, each supported by a differentiated development plan and together. Create strong followership and a strong sense of teamship.To make the Respiratory team a career destination.
- Guide and coach the GB team and teams across the Area to develop best in class integrated brand, activation and executional plans for brand and category growth (in grocery, pharmacy and Rx) and to build strong brand equities and win share profitably across channels.
- Influence the global Respiratory category teams to ensure global strategy, pipeline and toolkits (consumer, shopper, expert) are fit for purpose for fast and seamless deployment across the 10 markets of Northern Europe.
- As one of the 3 Area Category Marketing Directors for Northern Europe, to play a central role on the NE Marketing Leadership team and on the Area Leaders Forum. This will involve leadership of cross category projects, cross functional initiatives and cultural drives across NE.
- Play a key role in the marketing talent management programme for Northern Europe, including identifying, coaching and mentoring key talent - inside and outside of Marketing.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by clicking the 'Apply' button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.