Food Technologist, Open to flexibility
Food Technologist, Open to flexibility
Are you a food professional that has dreamt of developing an exciting career within a global company that has a focus on learning and development and a legacy of innovation leadership among its well-loved brands that are driven by genuine consumer insights?
We are currently recruiting for a number of roles so if you believe you can help to strengthen the current Research & Technology team that supports the whole of Kellogg’s European business then see if you have the talents that we are looking for. You will operate in a collaborative culture ensuring the future success of the business is delivered through a proactive and innovative approach to food and process initiatives.
You will be part of a dynamic and friendly team of Food Technologists who are part of a world class, global, Research and Technology team. We are passionate about our food and our brands, come and innovate with us!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Food Technologist you will work as part of a dynamic team to help us grow the European business by:
- Supporting and leading projects that deliver against our European innovation pipeline for Cereal and ambient Snack products
- Delivering a product from initial creative food brief through to successful implementation on plant, meeting key milestones and cost target
- Collaborating with our marketing partners to develop fantastic concepts and food briefs that meet consumer needs and insights
- Adding to your own skills and knowledge by close interaction within the food team, R&T function and the wider business
- Improving product quality, cost, productivity and capacity in operations within Europe, leveraging Design to Value principles
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg’s we want self-motivated people who are passionate about food to help us grow our business and build on our successful heritage. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hold a degree in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent
- Relevant experience within the food industry as a Food Technologist or Food Scientist, preferably in Cereal products or ambient snacks
- Passion for creative product development and demonstrable hands-on process experience, taking projects from ideation to market
If you believe you have that taken care of then you can also show that you have the following:
- A proven track record of results in an FMCG food technologist role
- A good breadth of technical understanding in the food categories and formats that Kellogg’s operates in.
- Understanding and proven delivery of the communication and documentation needs of a project
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to promote good relations with all aspects of the business
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Based at UK Head Office with potential for considerable travel throughout Europe
- May require working outside of normal business hours including weekends and shift work
- Travel to, and work in, manufacturing or test facilities are an integral part of this role
- Operation of process equipment is necessary
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please don’t hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg is proud to offer employees true flexibility: our people benefit from flexi-time and flexi-leave (this could mean an extra 6 days per year!), childcare vouchers through our award winning CornFlex benefits system and many other great flexible options. We are happy to talk about your flexibility needs during the recruitment process. We’re not just a flexible company, we’re a family.
Job Function: Research and Development
Primary Location: UK-North West England-Manchester
Job Type: Professional
Closing Date: Sep 30, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Relocation Assistance: Yes