Project and Partnership Manager - part time , 4 days per week
Project and Partnership Manager
Fixed term to March 22 with scope to extend
£30-£35,000 FTE subject to experience. 4 days per week, flexible; package includes 35 days holiday and pension
Based from home with the expectation you may need to travel very occasionally for meetings at Timewise in our London Bridge office.
Do you love coming to work? Are you proud of what you do? If not, we’d like to introduce you to Timewise, a place where post-holiday blues just isn’t a thing.
We were one of the first to spot the potential of flexible working solutions for bringing about workplace equality, and we’re still one of the best at it (if we say so ourselves). We’re considered the go-to team for all things flex, and we pride ourselves on leading the debate and driving change, even in areas that flexibility doesn’t traditionally reach.
We provide a range of research, consultancy and training services that work for both employers and employees and build more inclusive workplaces. And we run Timewise Jobs, the leading website for quality part time and flexible jobs.
We support businesses in all sectors to make a flexible working a success – organisations we work with are as diverse as the NHS, Google, and Lloyds Banking Group. We are a trusted advisor to Government, social funders and think tanks alike who come to us for our straight talking evidence based approach about what works when changing business practice on flexible working, and our work features regularly in the media.
Right now, we’re at particularly exciting stage in our development as the last year has opened up both major challenges but also huge opportunities for rethinking how we work. It’s a brilliant time to join us. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Project Manager, overseeing the delivery of our innovative new Fair Flexible Change Agent programme plus several other projects. Ideally, we want someone who shares our enthusiasm for building fairer, more flexible workplaces, and our determination to get the job done. In return, we can offer you a never-a-dull-moment workflow, a fun, friendly, focused bunch of colleagues, and a sense of purpose that means your job is never just a job. And of course (well you’d hope so, really), we can also offer you the freedom to deliver your role on a flexible basis, working the equivalent of a four day week within a pattern that works for you.
Purpose of the Role
Your main focus will be overseeing the delivery of our Fair Flexible Change agent programme which is focused on stimulating more quality jobs to flexible working at the point of hire as we look to the post pandemic recovery.
The programme has already been running in Scotland since September 2020 with funding from the Scottish government and we are now looking to expand its reach both in Scotland and to trial the model in England. You will be working with two cohorts of ‘fair flexible change agents’ comprising employer and industry bodies and employability providers. Through the programme Timewise consultants and trainers provide a programme of support, training, tools and guidance to help change agents to advise both employers on how to unlock job vacancies to flexible working at the point of hire, and better help job seekers needing flex to get it.
The programme will be extended in Scotland to local authorities, further providers and also recruiters and trialled initially in England with local authorities and employability providers. By the end of the programme Timewise aims to have established a sustainable network of trusted change agents and to have begun to drive evidenced change in employers hiring practices, unlocking more quality jobs to flexible working, and supporting more job seekers to find quality flexible work and raise their living standards.
In addition to this programme you will also provide project management support to several other projects that Timewise will be undertaking over the course of 2021, working across both our programmes, research and consultancy functions. And there will be scope to contribute to research and development for further projects within our Innovation Unit.
You will work with a small core project team at Timewise led by Emma Stewart co-founder and Development Director working on a range of funded and commissioned projects within our Innovation Unit. Key responsibilities:
Stakeholder engagement and partnerships
- You will be responsible for working with existing Timewise stakeholders, funders, government officials and networks to promote the programme and engage new partners to take part.
- You will also manage the relationships with our existing network
- You will support the Development Director to scope options for future partnerships and projects to include research, partnership development and support with fundraising
- You will work with Timewise’s Programme Director to co-ordinate and schedule project activities including workshops and webinars ( all remote) and coaching and co-ordinate with Timewise consultants and wider guest speakers.
- You will draft marketing copy for promotion of events in partner newsletters and through social media and organise the production of guidance and resources liaising with the consultancy and marketing team
- You will undertake ad hoc research as required to update core resources
- You will manage any direct spend associated with the project reporting into the Programme Director
- You will provide data and content to support with the production of reports as required by funders
Monitoring and Evaluation
- You will co-ordinate monitoring and evaluation to include capturing KPI data, and qualitative analysis via stakeholder interviews, and produce these into project case studies
This is an innovative and high profile project so we are seeking a project manager who share our passion for driving workplace change and tackling inequality through flexible working. You will be an ambassador for Timewise, representing our brand and values to stakeholders. And a confident communicator across all levels as you will be working with a wide range of stakeholders to engage them in our projects. You will be able to excite organisations about the journey we will take them on through your drive and energy. You will also be used to working autonomously and taking full accountability for the work you do.
Your skills and experience
- You will have evidenced experience working as a project manager, partnership or account manager ideally within either an industry body, campaign organisation, voluntary sector organisation or service provider
- You will have evidenced experience of strong stakeholder management and be credible and professional
- A good understanding of labour market and workforce issues whether from a policy and campaign context or through service delivery
- Well organized, a self starter and able to prioritize and accomplish tasks independently
- Ability to write concisely and professionally and to communicate ideas and services
To make your application please send your CV and a covering note highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role via the Timewise Jobs site.
Apply for Project and Partnership Manager - part time , 4 days per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly