Senior Employee Relations Advisor, part time - 21 hours per week
Working across The Landmark Trust and Lundy, this newly created role will provide full Employee Relations, Engagement and Systems support to a varied employee group of 500.
Reporting to the HR Manager / Head of HR, this newly created role is offered initially on a 2 year fixed term contract, part time (days to be agreed) and will play a key role in continuing to shape and develop the delivery of all employee relations, policy and HR process / systems across the group.
The Landmark Trust is a heritage charity whose objects are to preserve sites of historic or architectural interest and to promote their enjoyment by the general public. We take on historic buildings and carefully and sensitively restore them, by making them available for holidays they can be enjoyed by all both today and for future generations.
We have approximately 250 buildings across the UK with a small number in Europe. We have an annual income of approximately £11 million a year and employ circa 500 staff, the majority of whom are part time offsite. This role will be based in our lovely offices in Shottesbrooke but will be required to travel occasionally to our various sites and Lundy.
Duties and responsibilities
HR Systems and Process
- To support the HRM in the review and evaluation of all HR processes and policies identifying key priorities and making relevant improvements to ensure operational excellence and legislative compliance as well as ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- To implement HR process efficiencies across all disciplines so that staff experience HR operational service excellence, and improve HR team efficiency through streamlined process improvement.
- Responsible for introducing, adapting and improving a system to input, store and disseminate HR information.
- Create process that ensures all data sources are up to date, accurate, efficiencies are leveraged and decision making enabled.
- Provision of first line ER advice. Leading and supporting line/ HR Manager / HR Advisor, in handling the employee relations, disciplinary or grievance issues arising, providing appropriate and timely support and maintaining appropriate records (including drafting and typing up notes, and organising meeting arrangements etc.)
- Lead the handling of long term absences cases, including providing appropriate support and timely submission of any occupational health referral as applicable.
- Providing assistance and advice on the day to day application of HR policies and procedures as well as ensuring HR records are kept up-to-date
- Employee contracts and paperwork - Supervise and manage drafting of offer letters, employment contracts and contractual changes, ensuring that template documentation is kept up to date in light of changing legislation and that individual documents clearly express the contractual intent.
- Advocate, drive and maximise our employee engagement and welfare schemes, manage EAP and Employee Survey activities.
Recruitment – Administrative and Field Staff:
- Support HR Advisor in the co-ordination and recruitment support for Administrative and Field Staff.
- As needed, manage sourcing and put in place necessary materials and processes to support the sourcing of quality candidates, including supplier assessment and negotiation of terms of business.
- With HR Advisor, work with managers to assess candidates fully for the open positions.
- As needed, negotiate with preferred candidates to secure their appointment within budget.
Remuneration and Benefits
- In conjunction with HRM, conduct market rate testing to inform salary benchmarking and the salary review process.
- Support the salary review process.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Finance, contribute to the setting of budgets.
- Comply with Landmark’s responsibilities under the Data Protection Act and other legal obligations.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required in the post.
- To appreciate, and work within, the organisation’s culture and to conduct all activities in a manner which promotes and enhances the Landmark Trust’s character and reputation.
- Support and mentor HR Advisor with eventual line management responsibilities.
- Degree-level educated
- CIPD qualified
- Proven experience in managing a varied Employee Relations caseload
- Experience in Employee communication and engagement
- Experience / deep understanding of the Employee lifecycle and the HR processes
- Experience in setting up practical, compliant HR systems
- Experience of working for organisations of a similar size to Landmark
- Deep understanding of employee legislation and employee policy
- Systems experience, preferably iTrent, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
Skills, Competencies and Behaviours
- Able to build rapport quickly
- Sound and current knowledge of employment law
- Articulate, with clear verbal and written communication styles
- Hands-on style
- Highly organised
- Able to manage multiple priorities concurrently, including both long term and shorter term goals
Part time, 21 hours a week -open to a conversation around flexible working. 2 year contract.
£32 500 - £35 000 FTE. Salary and Benefits will be prorated accordingly.
For more information about The Landmark Trust and to make your application please visit our site by clicking the "apply" button below