Sr Manager, Internal Manufacturing Product & Process Excellence, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for a role that allows you to use your analytical and creative mindset towards the improvement of the manufacturing process? If so, could be an excellent opportunity to explore.
As GSK prepares to increase the Speciality product portfolio, we will need a specialty ready supply chain enabled by world class technology to deliver high quality product on time and in full to our customers. Significant improvements to existing capability are required and success is essential to GSK's Future Ready vision.
The Senior Manager, Internal Manufacturing Product and Process Excellence is accountable for manufacturing technology products that are specific to the Speciality manufacturing segment. This role operates as a strategic Tech partner for Biopharms and Steriles Operations in order to improve business performance at optimal cost through the use of technology. Initial improvement opportunities include the use of intelligent technology to drive efficiency in internal manufacturing processes to improve yield in the Biopharms and Steriles manufacturing processes.
In addition to Product Management for Specialty Manufacturing Technology, the role also collaborates with other functions such as Engineering, Technical, R&D, and Quality and their PSC Tech partners to ensure integrated Digital strategy and solutions are provided to meet the changing Specialty franchise's business needs. In addition, this role will collaborate with other Tech partners at the enterprise level including the Vaccines business unit, Global Applications and Development and Global Platforms to ensure an aligned strategy, excellent execution and a flawless operation for all services.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- STRATEGY: Accountable to define, communicate and deliver the Specialty Technology Product Strategy that will enable efficient manufacturing and supply chain operations. Delivery will require clear understanding of the Biopharm business strategy, materials and manufacturing processes.
- BIOLOGICALS YIELD IMPROVEMENT: Partner cross functionally (R&D, Engineering, and Technical) and lead the Product and Process Performance improvement project to use data and analytics and artificial intelligence to improve product yield for internal or external facilities
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and Information Technology or equivalent
- 3-5 years product management experience
- Experience using product management and Agile tools and processes
- Experience of building relationships, agreeing and holding external service partners to account
- Leadership across a complex matrixed environment
- Working with/leading global diverse teams and cultures
- Operating in a fast-paced business critical environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA or equivalent
- Agile certification
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.